homeopathic birth kit
HOMEOPATHIC BIRTH KIT
SOME GENERAL NOTES:
1. Look at the whole picture (physical and emotional) and choose the ONE
best remedy that seems to fit the symptoms the most closely (not every
symptom listed needs to be present to choose the remedy). Ask questions if
necessary to ascertain symptoms that can't be observed
2. Give only ONE remedy at a time. Watch and see if any changes occur. If
none seem to occur after 15 minutes, try the next closest remedy.
3. Give one large pellet or 5-10 tiny pellets.
· Distressed, anxious, fearful, restless
· Tossing in agony
· Skin red, hot dry
· may scream out
· have glassy, staring eyes, dilated pupils
· symptoms have sudden onset
· labor too quick
· pains extreme, violent, terrifying
· mother feels panicky, distressed, despairing
· mother's heartbeat rapid or uncomfortably strong
· newborns in shock, color normal but not crying/moving
· worse: at night (especially around midnight), touch, noise
· better: fresh air
· #1 trauma remedy
· encourages healing, controls bleeding, reduces swelling & likelihood of
· reduces exhaustion, gives a 2nd wind, particularly during long, slow,
painful labors where tiredness makes surges weak/ineffectual
· use for shock, when someone claims to be alright, but clearly isn't.
· reduces excessive bleeding where birth was traumatic/unusually long or
· worse: being touched or examined, any jarring movements, lying or sitting
on injured parts
· the "homeopathic corpse reviver," this remedy has saved many lives
· symptoms at their most extreme are complete state of collapse due to
· Body cold, limp and pale, or blue
· Use in conjunction with other efforts to revive respiration. Hold one pill
inside the lower lip of patient (including newborns) until symptoms
· In fetal distress due to oxygen starvation, give to mother to reduce risk
of asphyxia to baby.
· Less severe cases: extreme sluggishness, little or no vitality, coldness
(even breath), intense air hunger (epseically cold)
· Face appears pinched, pale, sallow or blue
· Excellent remedy for trapped wind.
· Worse: exertion, heat, humidity, lying down, morning and evening
· Better: fanning, fresh air.
· Usually used in 1st stage of labor to establish strong, productive surges.
DO NOT use routinely. If needed, surges will be centered in lower half of
uterus, while top feels flabby.
· Although sharp and painful, surges are short, ineffective, spasmodic and
unstable moving around the bladder, groin or thighs.
· Sometimes surges will slow or stop completely due to exhaustion.
· Cervix fails to dilate.
· Symptoms include chilliness, shivering, trembling and irritability. May be
thirsty during surges.
· If thirstless and Caulophyllum fails, try Gelsemium next.
· Extreme over-sensitivity and violent bad temper
· May demand help one moment and reject it the next.
· Abusive and argumentative, especially with loved ones.
· Finds pains unbearable
· May scream frequently or say "I want to die."
· Feels and looks overheated.
· Better: being uncovered, stripping off clothes
· Worse: evening, fresh air, company, being spoken to or stared at.
· Very similar to Caullophyllum: surges in lower half of uterus, painful,
sharp, spasmodic. Cervix remains rigidly closed/fails to dilate properly.
· The differences are:
o surges move from side to side or down into the hips and thighs
o gestures, speech and actions become horribly disjointed
o physical symptoms often alternate with intense mental/emotional symptoms.
· Full of dreadful fears/foreboding, perhaps because of a previous
experience of birth.
· Sense that "I can't carry on" is meant in the most profound sense.
· Worse: cold, damp
· Better: lying on left side
· Next best choice if Caullophyllum fails to produce good strong surges.
· Very useful if labor is slow and sluggish.
· Physical heaviness, even eye lids droop, producing a dazed, stupefied
appearance which belies the mental alertness that is there.
· Body paralyzed by exhaustion or "stage fright"
· Muscular weakness leads to trembling
· Chilly, possibly shivers up and down the spine
· Worse: physical exertion, over excitement, receiving bad news (i.e. that
cervix has dilated less than expected)
· Better: sweating, urinating, being alone
· labor pains or bright red hemorrhaging with constant violent nausea.
· Face is deathly blue with dark rings under eyes.
· Hot & cold sweats.
· Worse: at night; for food or sight/smell of it.
· Useful in backache labors, where nagging pain is felt in the back,
buttocks and thighs
· Mother is often extremely irritable, yet needs company
· Posterior presentations where labor gets stuck
· Backache greatly relieved by very firm pressure.
· Headaches during labor
· Chilliness after surges
· Worse: night and early morning hours, touch, noise
· Better: warmth
· often recommended for exhaustion. Very helpful during labor if no other
· Best taken between surges.
· Can be used throughout labor whenever energy is low.
· USEFUL FOR ATTENDANTS, TOO.
· Easy to spot when needed because of clear emotional symptoms: weepiness,
clinginess, pleading for help.
· Surges are short, weak or stop entirely.
· Pain may be felt in the back.
· Other physical symptoms: exhaustion, faintness, nausea, thirstlessness,
· Worse: stuffy room, twilight, getting cold or wet
· Better: fresh air, moving around, sympathy & company
· like Pulsatilla, intolerant of stuffy rooms, but emotionally more
stupefied in labor, with much longer surges. If these stop, trembling may
· Can be used to encourage a retained placenta to be pushed out naturally,
if surges are too weak.
· pains severe, dragging down, much relieved by exercise.
· Emotionally: irritable, or indifferent to loved ones, responds badly to
· Sluggish and weepy.
· Useful for treating uterine prolapse with strong bearing down sensation.
· Worse: fasting, touch, staying in same position.
· Better: after eating, moving around.
This is a great site: remedy finder