or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › A non-MDC sig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A non-MDC sig - Page 2

post #21 of 95
Quote:
Nipuna - Homebirthing, co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, non-vaccinating, cloth diapering, baby wearing, vegetarian, intactivist, respectful and attachment parenting, stay at home MOM to
oooh! Add "placenta-eating" in there, too, that will really rile them up! :LOL
post #22 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafl
oooh! Add "placenta-eating" in there, too, that will really rile them up! :LOL
I would, but I didn't eat it. :LOL
post #23 of 95
they don't know that. add in GWH's "tree hugging, weed worshiping liberal.."
post #24 of 95
Quote:
Her wording is so demeaning!
I think that's part of the "joke" though. She probably feels defensive of her choices, and is mocking those who are proud of their own (opposite) choices.

Carrie
post #25 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by my~hearts~light
they don't know that. add in GWH's "tree hugging, weed worshiping liberal.."
I like that!
post #26 of 95
This thread was timely for me. Thank you. I always feel better at MDC.
post #27 of 95
That is disgusting! :Puke
post #28 of 95
I think its a pretty funny sig line, personally. I might not agree with all of that mama's parenting choices (well, except for working full time - so do I!) but I can sure appreciate her wit.
post #29 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxersnbabies
I think its a pretty funny sig line, personally. I might not agree with all of that mama's parenting choices (well, except for working full time - so do I!) but I can sure appreciate her wit.
How is it witty to brag about mutilating a baby?

Gross.
post #30 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavamamakava
Give me pointers
It's sad but true that people feel offended by declarations of respectful and natural parenting without any "'tude" included. It's like they assume you have a chip on your shoulder and think you are better than they are for making those choices.
you know I really wonder why they feel that way? they point fingers at us saying we have the attitude problem, but they are the ones that do. why? I think that deep down they *know* that the way we parent is more in tune with children and they feel guilty. They lash out at us because of guilt. yet, we're the ones with the problem.
post #31 of 95
Ya, it's a freakin riot. Can you just picture a Dr. laughing as he makes the final snip? I usually have a sense of humor but I see nothing witty of amusing about neglect and as far as i'm concerned, that's just sugar coated neglect.
post #32 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by my~hearts~light
Ya, it's a freakin riot. Can you just picture a Dr. laughing as he makes the final snip? I usually have a sense of humor but I see nothing witty of amusing about neglect and as far as i'm concerned, that's just sugar coated neglect.
"sugar coated neglect"!!
They circumcise so they don't have to take care of it, right? Because penises are dirty, yadda yadda yadda. So they WANT to neglect it.

At least people do recognize that choosing to parent in these ways are "better." They wouldn't sense a chip on our shoulders or feel guilt or feel inferior if they didn't view it as the best. It's not just parenting where people assume that you've got an attitude or are stuck up about something when you are above average. The same thing happens to those with MORE intelligence, beauty, money, posessions...
post #33 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavamamakava
It's sad but true that people feel offended by declarations of respectful and natural parenting without any "'tude" included. It's like they assume you have a chip on your shoulder and think you are better than they are for making those choices.
Why is this? I mean I agree that tone on the Internet forums can come across wrong...but to post that in almost arrogance against those who do parent opposite (naturally)...I mean what is the point other than to offend? I am the last person to speak on keeping low profiles and less 'tudes, but I'd never dream of saying somthing like that......I wanted to cry for the child!
post #34 of 95
you like that huh?
post #35 of 95
I'd have to say that I did the same thing the mama who had that sig did to my firstborn and he still loves me... but.... I'm not sure that wording is appropriate. It's offensive to me. As a matter of fact, I don't appreciate the way it was worded at all. :
post #36 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavamamakava
"sugar coated neglect"!!
They circumcise so they don't have to take care of it, right? Because penises are dirty, yadda yadda yadda. So they WANT to neglect it.
Ummmm.... that's a bit extreme, eh? I circed my three older sons because I didn't know any different or better. Please don't tell me it's not because I didn't want to take care of it.... that's flat out wrong. I didn't circ my youngest son, as I had learned that it wasn't a necessary surgery.
post #37 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe
you know I really wonder why they feel that way? they point fingers at us saying we have the attitude problem, but they are the ones that do. why? I think that deep down they *know* that the way we parent is more in tune with children and they feel guilty. They lash out at us because of guilt. yet, we're the ones with the problem.

I agree wholeheartedly, Kleine Hexe. Spot on.
post #38 of 95
I'd just like to add that, whether or not you liked or appreciated this sig line (I didn't), there is a BIG difference between wit and sarcasm. This sig reaked of the latter.
post #39 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWillHunter
Ummmm.... that's a bit extreme, eh? I circed my three older sons because I didn't know any different or better. Please don't tell me it's not because I didn't want to take care of it.... that's flat out wrong. I didn't circ my youngest son, as I had learned that it wasn't a necessary surgery.

I did it to help prevent penile cancer, STDs and infections, just like the doctors, nurses and books told me.

But that's a whole other thread.
Kelly
post #40 of 95
most people who blindly circ do so because they've heard all the bs about infections from improper cleaning and how it's much cleaner to circ. i think that is what she was getting at. you choose not to circ again because you chose to educate yourself. I know alot of women who circd some of their boys before understanding how truly cosmetic it is. Most feel guilty about it of course and hearing how other intactivist view it can feel so extreme. You'd be so suprised how many people have no remorsed and really didn't give it any thought to begin with. They never really care how it hurt their kids because it is easier than admitting they were wrong.

You are the exception. Your a great mama and should be proud that you left your lil sweetie whole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Talk Amongst Ourselves
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › A non-MDC sig