or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

July Baby Arrivals!!! - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Quinn Parker arrived on July 23rd, weighing 6 lbs. 15 oz and 19 inches. He was born after 9.5 hours of labor accomplished naturally. My nurse midwife was great, as was DH and best friend. Could not have done it without them.
post #22 of 27
Melanie Kim, born 28 July, 8 lbs, 19.3 inches, born naturally in hospital after 8.5 hours of 'real' labour and 10 min of pushing.
post #23 of 27
Madelynne, born July 30, 7 lb 10 oz, 19.5 inches, born naturally in a hospital-based birth center ... couldn't even say how many hours of labor it took, lol. Too many!
post #24 of 27
Petra Isadora was born naturally in the hospital on July 19 at 7:36 am after 5½ hours of labor and ½ hour of pushing. She weighed 9 lbs., 1 oz. and was 20 inches long.
post #25 of 27
My son was artificially extracted on August 3, after days of completely ineffective natural labour and several failed attempts at induction and labour augmentation. 8lbs 13oz and 22.5 inches long.
post #26 of 27
Amelia Bobby Rose was born by elected C section on 25 July 2005 weighing 8lb 12 1/2 oz and 22cm long
post #27 of 27
Mommatothree - July 16 - Baby boy

Baby boy= Nathan Thomas....

heres his birth story...

Nathan Thomas Pitts
b. July 16, 2005
10 lb. 12 oz. 24in long...
I went into labor at exactly 40 weeks (down to the hour)

12.30am on July 16th, I was sitting at the computer and I heard this tiny pop, followed by a small, trinkle. I went to the bathroom a few times but couldnt tell if it was leaking urine or fluid... After emptying my bladder and there was still a super small trinkle I waited about 15 min. got a small container and went to the bathroom to catch some. Then I called a girlfriend and she came over with her ph strips and sure enough it was my water....

Around 2.30am I called my midwife, and her and her assistant (also a doula) got there around 3am. I didnt have contractions and I was barely dialated. So she suggested we all try and sleep before the contractions started.

So I slept from 4 to 6am when I woke up to my first contraction... but went back to sleep, and got woken up by a couple more, but at 7am, I got up for good. I was too exited to sleep My Midwife checked me and I was 2cm...

So my friend and I went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and tea. I thought everyone was staring at me as I labored in line at the store.

From 7am until 12pm I walked up and down the street, was in the shower, layed down, sat on the toilet, But at 12pm I was only at 4cm... With both of my girls I was done in 4-6 hours, so we werent counting on this taking so long.

During those 5 hours I had started getting chills, and I had a low grade fever. My midwife treated it with some cool rags, and lots of water, and gave me some antibiotics to fight infection.

The baby wasnt dropping into the birth canal, he was staying so high up, and not putting pressure on the cervix, so my cervix wasnt dilateing.

At about 12.15 my midwife suggested that I push during my contractions. Hoping that I would push him against my cervix, and I could dialate. And It worked. I pushed and after about 5 contractions I had moved him down, and was dialated to 7cm! One bad thing was, that the contractions were worse after this...I spent about 30m sitting on the toilet then went to lay on the bed. Shortly after being on the bed I wanted to go back to sitting on the toilet. But my Midwife wanted to check me. She said I was 9 on one side and 8 on the other, I never heard it put that way though.

So just a few min. later I felt like pushing, So when I started my water broke. It was full of meconium. Turns out that the first little pop was the outer bag of water, and the inner bag hadnt broken. We confirmed that later by examineing the placenta

So I pushed the head out, and he was blue/purple. So the midwife used some contraption to suck the meconium out, by sticking the tiny tube down his nose and mouth. After she did that I started pushing again. But nothing was happening. Since he was purple and my pushing was doing nothing, my midwife stuck her hand up me, to grab his shoulder and after a few tugs and the assistant pushing on my belly did he was finially was born, at 1.36pm.

He didnt start breathing and My midwife started getting the meconium out again, then she started breathing air into his mouth. and she rubbing him hard with a towel. It took a min. or two and he started breathing but his color was bad.

After a few min. Tommy cut the cord and my Midwife took him and held him, patting him on the back. Trying to get his color a little better, He was kinda pink by then but not good enough ya know?

It wasnt until 20 min later that they stopped and I finially got to hold him. He had given me quite a scare.

My friend called a great chiropractor that she knew, and he came to give him an adjustment.
Nathan didn't cry until He got adjusted, and he was a purple/pinkish color until the moment Rob adjusted him, thats when his face turned bright red, and the color moved to his chest, legs, then toes. It was an amazing sight. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to thank my AMAZING midwife who saved us from a c-section and a NICU hospital visit by catching my 10lb 12oz baby at home(((and she didn't let me tear AT ALL!!!!!!)))

And Thanks to my friend who was a great support during my first "real" NCB. And who gave me 200+ pictures to remember the day with.

And to my doula/midwifes assistant...Thanks for holding my hand thru the most amazing day of my life.

And Thanks to our new chiropractor. Who left a family get-together on a saturday to come and adjust my son, AND who has been an amazing to our family since.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2005