these are the things im doing with my 3 and a half year old son this year,
1. made salt dough ornaments, if you need the recipe let me know.
2. made melted candy ornaments in cookie cutters, only do this if you have tons of pateince!
3. take chenille pipe cleaners and an assortment of beads that will fit on them. let the child put string the beads on however she wants and show her how to wrap the ends together or let her wind it however she wants and finish cutting or wrapping it yourself, extemly light-weight and can be completely done by your child. :tip: buy your pipe cleaners at the dollor store not the craft store.
4. found cheap xmas cards at the thrift store, they said babys first christmas around the card and were blank inside, we got out the paints and glitter and we painted the cards with dark blues and purple untill the words were coverd then sprinkeld glitter all over the paint to let it bond. you cant even see the origonal design on the cards and was way cheaper then buying from a store. im playing around with the idea of having him print him hand on the inside of them.
5. next week were taking popcorn, raisans, licorice, and cranberries and going to thread them through to make garland.
i wont let him use the needle so im going to have him just pull the items to the end of the string and let him eat as much as he want, will let you know how that works out
thats it for now but ive got a few more up my sleave, love these ideas so far, especiall the premade felt things and letting him glue things on. if i have time for that i think ill put a little stuffing into them to make them more dimentional.
can i use my hot glue gun for the decorations?