I'm tenatively planning a scheduled c/s for my next baby. DH and I are going to start ttc in October and we've been talking about VBAC vs c/s for weeks now.
Adia was a frank breech and I had low fluid so there's a good chance I could do a VBAC in that I don't have a medical issue that would necessitate another c/s (I'm also at a much lighter weight, healthier, etc...).
The bottom line is that DH isn't comfortable with the risk and after much thought and research I'm not sure I am either. My maternal grandmother had not only a near miss for a rupture with her 2nd child, but a full rupture when she had my mom. A full transfusion and a two week stay later she got to go home. I have yet to find any information that confirms or denies a heredity aspect to ruptures, but I'm just not sure I want to risk it.
Honestly though, I know that if I do have a scheduled c/s I get to pick the dr to do the operation, pick the hospital and dictate at least some of my care.
With all the new regs and guidlines, if I wanted a VBAC I'd have to find a new dr, switch to a larger hospital further away and hope that I didn't have to be induced (I'd opt for anotehr c/s in that case!). I'm just not convinced it's all worth it.
Best of luck to you in your decision. I don't think there's any reason to feel bad about wanting a c/s. I think you can still feel empowered by your birth especially if you make the decision ahead of time and get to dictate at least some of the care involved.
Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!