or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › So before I do a stash thinning, I wanna share stash pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So before I do a stash thinning, I wanna share stash pics! - Page 4

post #61 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
My diapers, my choice.
You're right! I don't understand why she should have to give her diapers away?? Doesn't make any sense
post #62 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee
Well, pampered definitely (pun unintentional), but not selfish, no, not if you fairy some of that stash off anyway. I mean, the thread is about getting rid of a bunch, and somehow I was getting the impression that you were going to sell it all, while of course the ideals of Mothering, CD-ing and natural living would really match the idea of reducing consumerism and, hence, sharing your abundance with the less lucky mamas of which there are quite a few here.
I'm sorry, but this is very rude, IMO. Why in the world should she have to give her diapers away? Most of us, Kate included, reduce consumerism by selling and buying used diapers. One diaper might make it through 4 or 5 MDC kids.
post #63 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee
Well, pampered definitely (pun unintentional), but not selfish, no, not if you fairy some of that stash off anyway. I mean, the thread is about getting rid of a bunch, and somehow I was getting the impression that you were going to sell it all, while of course the ideals of Mothering, CD-ing and natural living would really match the idea of reducing consumerism and, hence, sharing your abundance with the less lucky mamas of which there are quite a few here.
: This is very strange. :
post #64 of 155
I think that whatever Kate wants to do with her stuff is completley her business.I have fairied and also sold things way below what i paid but i do that for myself.I also have 5 BBB's which is alot to some or not to others.I also searched,scrounged,traded,paid too much for them.It is a hobby in a way for me to be able to get such gorgeous things for my babe's bum.But what i do with my stuff is my business.What Kate does with her stuff is her business.When i gave away a huge box of free diapers to a mama starting a day care did that matter to anyone but me and her?KAte has shared the wealth before.She has also worked her butt off to buy or get whatever she has.Why does have to give stuff away to be fair?Besides she was just sharing pictures of this beautiful stuff not to make anyone jealous but just to share what she has collected.I don't think jealousy is very AP.
post #65 of 155
Wow! 5 BBB's! That is so neat!

Maybe we should all share pics of stashes to make her feel better!

And show that collecting fluff is cool!

I've had stashes as lg as 6 doz before on just the diapers alone, mostly fitteds. Some people think that is extreme, but I don't really. I liked having enough "just in case" and also I really like all the differences in all the diapers and using certain diapers for particular needs at that time.
post #66 of 155
Lord have mercy, girlfriend! That's a GORGEOUS stash. I am actually a little jealous. Your babes certainly aren't hurting for cute butt covers, huh? :LOL I think it's very admirable too, how you budgeted accordingly and saved up for them. (I could probably certainly learn some budgeting tips from you. ) I also agree with several other posters. Since YOU saved up and WISELY spent your good money on the dipes, YOU should decide how to thin your stash.
post #67 of 155
I have seen Kate be more than generous in the past
I do recall seeing a free pair of MM longies for a MM virgin on the TP a while back, and I am sure that wasn't the only occasion she decided to share the love.

wasn't it Thumper who said "If you can't say something nice..."
post #68 of 155
awesome stash!!!!!!!!!! i so enjoyed looking at these pics. such a great collection. if you need to purge yourself of those hsy party pants and if they are a med or large, pm me.

as far as the selfish comment goes, well, i'm not gonna go there cause i'm irked. this thread would surely get pulled and i want these pics to stay so i can come back and drool later.
post #69 of 155
rock that stash mama!
post #70 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee
Well, pampered definitely (pun unintentional), but not selfish, no, not if you fairy some of that stash off anyway. I mean, the thread is about getting rid of a bunch, and somehow I was getting the impression that you were going to sell it all, while of course the ideals of Mothering, CD-ing and natural living would really match the idea of reducing consumerism and, hence, sharing your abundance with the less lucky mamas of which there are quite a few here.

I'll take your back on this one, simonee. No one said selfish and no one said "give it all away". There'd be an awful less want in the world if those of us with surplusses cast just a bit on the waters. I think it's a lovely idea and will engage my son in preparing a box of baby things for our womens and childrens shelter. Thanks for reminding me in such a gentle way to share.
post #71 of 155
I'm with chalupamom and simonee. I don't see how what simonee said is different than what anyone else said- expressing their wishes over what will happen with the stash: donating some, being there when you post the for sale list, etc. IN any case they are your diapers. Why focus just on simonee's post? I don't see you telling the people who wish to be there for your listing that it is your stash and you will list it when you want no matter what they want. Is it just because you disagree with simonee's post or because you see the truth in it or what?
post #72 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa
Why focus just on simonee's post?
Yeah.. why are YOU, the_lissa?



I think your stash ROCKS!! Awesome!
post #73 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to 3 boys
Yeah.. why are YOU, the_lissa?
Beause everyone is hounding on the poor girl cuz she said it would be nice if the op faireied some.
post #74 of 155
I just wanna BUY IT ALL....so PM me mama!!
post #75 of 155
Got Stuff?
post #76 of 155
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa
I'm with chalupamom and simonee. I don't see how what simonee said is different than what anyone else said- expressing their wishes over what will happen with the stash: donating some, being there when you post the for sale list, etc. IN any case they are your diapers. Why focus just on simonee's post? I don't see you telling the people who wish to be there for your listing that it is your stash and you will list it when you want no matter what they want. Is it just because you disagree with simonee's post or because you see the truth in it or what?
I think I took issue with it because she is ASSuming I don't share. I don't think I need to sit here and list all the things I have given away or sold to hyena virgins or donated or fairied.

Say I sold it all. How do you know what I am using the money for? I have sold stuff on the TP to buy Italian orphans Christmas presents. I have sold stuff on the TP to donate to a scholarship fund for children who lost their fathers in a helicopter crash. I sold a few things on Ebay and sent the money to causes I believe in. I have bid and donated a lot of money on charity auctions. I have a few moms out HERE not as fortunate as I and whome I have given diapers and covers to use for free and to keep.

Or maybe I sell it all and buy myself a car

Listen, some people collect china, some pottery, some buy boutique clothing for their children, some people collect shoes. I happen to collect diapers. I do have a damn fine stash and I am proud of it. But to assume that I don't share just seems kind of mean. I know it was done in a gentle way and that is cool, but it is still assuming.
post #77 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
I think I took issue with it because she is ASSuming I don't share. I don't think I need to sit here and list all the things I have given away or sold to hyena virgins or donated or fairied.

Say I sold it all. How do you know what I am using the money for? I have sold stuff on the TP to buy Italian orphans Christmas presents. I have sold stuff on the TP to donate to a scholarship fund for children who lost their fathers in a helicopter crash. I sold a few things on Ebay and sent the money to causes I believe in. I have bid and donated a lot of money on charity auctions. I have a few moms out HERE not as fortunate as I and whome I have given diapers and covers to use for free and to keep.

Or maybe I sell it all and buy myself a car

Listen, some people collect china, some pottery, some buy boutique clothing for their children, some people collect shoes. I happen to collect diapers. I do have a damn fine stash and I am proud of it. But to assume that I don't share just seems kind of mean. I know it was done in a gentle way and that is cool, but it is still assuming.

Amen.
I like kids clothes & diapers & all of that.I have a lot of them & thats my choice. I would think it quite rude for others to tell me what I ought to be doing with my things when I am finished with them.
post #78 of 155
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by May May
Got Stuff?
Yup. I do. I know a few others with stuff too.
post #79 of 155
I have stuff too! Actually, I also have 5 BBBs and way too many pretty diapers.

I love your stash,Kate. I'm still itching to hear what you'd be willing to trade me for my BBB pants....trading is so fun, isn't it?? It's the only hobby I can do while NAK'ing, and involves socializing and interacting with such cool, likeminded mamas that I just can't find at the playground.
post #80 of 155
Thread Starter 
Amen sister!

I am in negotiations with DH about it He's attached to that BBB.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diapering
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › So before I do a stash thinning, I wanna share stash pics!