or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Breastfeeding › What does YOUR breastmilk taste like?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What does YOUR breastmilk taste like? - Page 2

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lucky One
I seriously cannot bring myself to taste my own breastmilk. The thought repulses me.
Same here. I've never had any desire whatsoever to taste it. When I was pregnant, my friends used to tell me how sweet it is and that DH and I would want to taste it. Ummm, nope.

(Although I've never tasted my milk, it may be possible that DH has... strictly, ummm, accidentally. )
post #22 of 33
I haven't tasted mine, but not because it grosses me out. It's because I absolutely hate milk, I always have. I wasn't even able to drink it as a young child. Probably lingering trauma from being forced to drink formula as an infant.

DH has tasted it, and says it tastes like milk with a spoon of sugar in it. No wonder the babies go nuts over it.
post #23 of 33
I think mine tastes like melted vanilla milkshake.
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone
Well... I only have colostrum, but I have a lot of it. Dh says it's tangy. I can't taste anything at all.
I didn't like the taste of my colostrum at all. Not sweet like mature milk. My colostrum was tangy and tasted kinda like sweat. yuck.
post #25 of 33
When I've tasted it it tasted like canteloupe juice.

Now I can't taste it anymore, because the last time I tried it made me nauseous. Which weirded me out, but it was instant and bad nausea, so I'm not trying again!
post #26 of 33
It tastes like breastmilk.
post #27 of 33
Pre-frozen tastes kind of like soymilk to me, but once its been frozen and defrosted it tastes yucky! I finally learned here, that freezing actually changes one of the enzymes and changes the taste. Neve seemed to bother the boyos!
post #28 of 33
I've never tasted mine...not even by accident. I am curious but to be honest I love milk sooooo much I'm afraid if I try another form of milk (any form...rice, soy, organic, mine) it won't taste good to me and I'll be turned off from milk forever. :LOL Odd I know but man I love that stuff! :LOL
post #29 of 33
I've tried a few drops here and there.It tastes sweet and waaay better than formula (gack!).Sometimes its a little salty.
Have you noticed that our babies smell good too? Everyone loves to smell Guiness even though he is 10 months old and doesn't get as many bathes as he should.
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulhands
*Heaven in a food cube* :

I have to say that I think dh is even more terrified to taste it than I am. . . :LOL

Yep, my dh is TERRIFIED to even come close to the milkies now! The only person loving the milkies in this house is Sara! :LOL But she seems to enjoy them. Mine is like everyone else's, sugary sweet like cereal milk. Never taken a big gulp, just caught drips to see what it was like.

Meg
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mara
I didn't like the taste of my colostrum at all. Not sweet like mature milk. My colostrum was tangy and tasted kinda like sweat. yuck.

I noticed that colostrum SMELLED icky but I never got the courage to taste it. Frozen and thawed milk smells yucky too(yes I am positive it didn't go bad, it all smells icky) so I've never tasted it. Just my mature, fresh milk!

Meg
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady
I noticed that colostrum SMELLED icky but I never got the courage to taste it. Frozen and thawed milk smells yucky too(yes I am positive it didn't go bad, it all smells icky) so I've never tasted it. Just my mature, fresh milk!

Meg
Well, I can't say I've got a ton of colostrum yet (well, I have a ton for someone pregnant), but I smell different than I do before I got milk. The only way I can describe it is milky. It doesn't smell bad. But it's not the colostrum itself, it's me. The actual colostrum doesn't smell at all to me.
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady
Yep, my dh is TERRIFIED to even come close to the milkies now! The only person loving the milkies in this house is Sara! :LOL But she seems to enjoy them. Mine is like everyone else's, sugary sweet like cereal milk. Never taken a big gulp, just caught drips to see what it was like.

Meg
You know, when I gave her the bottle that time I totally had a "Friends" moment because I licked it off my arm and realized it DOES taste like canteloupe juice!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breastfeeding
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Breastfeeding › What does YOUR breastmilk taste like?