hey, I'm looking for some advice from some UCers here. I've been planning a UC for my first baby and we wern't too sure of the due date, it would have been sometime between Oct 11th (the most likely date) to the 25th (I couldn't be due any later than this or I would have never gotten a positive pregnancy test when I did) So any way you look at it, I'm overdue, by how much I don't really know. I don't really have a problem with her being overdue except for the fact that a few days ago when I checked my bp it was severely high (stage 3 hypertension). I've also been extremely swollen mostly in my feet and calves (my calves are the same size as my thighs!!) and now my hands are starting to swell quite a bit as well. I've been seeing spots and have been having pretty severe headaches for the past few weeks. I know without having to check for protein that this all together means that I most likely have pre-e. (I'm at pretty high risk for it since I'm a first time mom, I'm 19 and have had kidney problems in the past) This has all developed in the last week. Before this bp was very normal, no swelling at all, basically just very healthy. Now my bp has dropped to less severe levels and has actually been ranging quite drastically between very low and pretty high (I haven't gotten a second reading as high as the first time it's spiked though). I know that this baby has to come out soon, we're both at too much risk, but how long is too long to wait for her to come on her own? I've tried everything, castor oil, cohosh, walking, sex, spicy foods, chiropractor, accupuncture....She's still in there. I know she's still doing well, quite active and strong fetal tones. Yesterday I had accupunture and started having contractions from about 11am til 1am, but I went to bed and I woke up and they were gone. Hubby and I can get some good contractions going by using accupressure on the points where the needles were, but we can't really get them to keep comming on their own with increasing frequency/strength. We're gonna keep trying to get her out on our own, but I'm getting concerned about my condition. Should I go to the hospital to be induced? That is the LAST thing that I want, but even more so, I don't want anything bad to happen to my baby or myself. I keep saying, wait just one more day, she'll come out, but what if I wait one day too long? I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for her to come out on her own as long as it's safe for the both of us, but at what point now is it unsafe? Any advice would be much appreciated. I keep hoping I'll just go into labor and I won't have to decide anymore.
post #1 of 136
11/4/05 at 1:29pm