or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › WAS - another plea...NOW -discussion about Diapering
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAS - another plea...NOW -discussion about Diapering - Page 6

post #101 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
In my experience, most mamas looking for info on cloth are willing to take it all in. KWIM? I do not believe that they would care about the board being as one.
Incorrect. Many, many mamas were overewhelmed with the old setup. I see MANY faces I had not seen before the split. I think a lot of the quieter mamas who may have felt intimidated are coming out of their shells, and I think it's wonderful to have a wider group in the forum. The 'board split' widened the path to CDing so that everyone may find their way there.
post #102 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
I can agree with that, but if the flipside were true as well (unlike what I've seen in recent days), it would go a long way
I have practically lived in the diapering forum for the past year and a half and I have never once seen someone get criticized for using frugal dipes or for not using hyena dipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa
I also like that now I don't have to worry about being called a troll if I ask a question about a non-hyena diaper
Are we back to this again? The ONLY reason that person was called a troll is because they seemed to be mocking hyenas. It was NOT because they were talking about a non-hyena diaper. That incident has been explained to death. People have ALWAYS asked questions about non-hyena diapers and have always received support in return. I have never even once seen anyone receive a negative response as a result of posting about a prefold or other frugal diaper. Anyone who spent any kind of time in the old forum the way it used to be knows that the very idea is ridiculous. Prefolds have ALWAYS been talked about enthusiastically ALL THE TIME by the members of the forum INCLUDING the hyenas.
post #103 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
Which goes back to my point earlier in this thread: post and they will come. 'Regular users' stick around, they don't leave.

You're wrong. They are gone and they were regular users of MDC and not just diapering. They were belittled and left - its' that simple.
post #104 of 644
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
Which goes back to my point earlier in this thread: post and they will come. 'Regular users' stick around, they don't leave.
thats not true... you can only be poked fun at so many times before you decide its not worth it. I'm always surprised at the fact that Kate is still here (even if she doesnt post in diapering anymore) after all the crap she has taken for her stash. Not everyone wants to stick it out tho, that doesnt make them any less of a regular user.
post #105 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2kyla
and fwiw only 33% of my posts are in diapering so i think im a pretty well rounded MDC mama
How do you figure out forum percentages? :
post #106 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
I have practically lived in the diapering forum for the past year and a half and I have never once seen someone get criticized for using frugal dipes or for not using hyena dipes.
You've been online the wrong times of day then. They were there. You simply missed them before they were pulled then. Also, read further into this thread. It's already been acknowledged that it occurred, more than once.
post #107 of 644
Thread Starter 
I did it by doing a search for my name in the diapering forum and looking to see how many posts it brought up, then divided by my total post count.. it may not be 100% accurate but its probably pretty close
post #108 of 644
I haven't really been following this whole split, but I too liked the way it was before. I learned so much & when I could afford them loved Hyena dipes. I don't go to the main Diapering board at all now, just S&T.

fullofgrace~ "regular users" may not stick around if they feel unwanted.
post #109 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
I have practically lived in the diapering forum for the past year and a half and I have never once seen someone get criticized for using frugal dipes or for not using hyena dipes.


Are we back to this again? The ONLY reason that person was called a troll is because they seemed to be mocking hyenas. It was NOT because they were talking about a non-hyena diaper. That incident has been explained to death. People have ALWAYS asked questions about non-hyena diapers and have always received support in return. I have never even once seen anyone receive a negative response as a result of posting about a prefold or other frugal diaper. Anyone who spent any kind of time in the old forum the way it used to be knows that the very idea is ridiculous. Prefolds have ALWAYS been talked about enthusiastically ALL THE TIME by the members of the forum INCLUDING the hyenas.
post #110 of 644
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
You've been online the wrong times of day then. They were there. You simply missed them before they were pulled then. Also, read further into this thread. It's already been acknowledged that it occurred, more than once.
we acknowledged that it occured in retaliation to attacks on hyena diaper using moms and by a select few. I've never seen anyone start a thread just for fun to pick on a simple diapering mama when it wasnt prefaced by a thread about how ridiculous it is to use expensive diapers.
post #111 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by zexplorers
You're wrong. They are gone and they were regular users of MDC and not just diapering. They were belittled and left - its' that simple.
OK, yes, they WERE regular users. I worded that differently. But so were the quieter mamas. Just because they weren't as vocal, doesn't make them any less of a Diapering Forum User.
post #112 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
You've been online the wrong times of day then. They were there. You simply missed them before they were pulled then. Also, read further into this thread. It's already been acknowledged that it occurred, more than once.
Its been stated, but that doesn't make it fact. There is so much more to those very few instances than what people in this thread are saying.
post #113 of 644
i like the separate forums.

i really don't care what people spend on their diapers. i agree that from a business person perspective they are underpriced in many cases-- still more than i care to spend on a clothing or personal care item--but technically speaking they are priced below what the actual cost of materials/labor should be to make a living wage.

if you buy $100 you don't need to justify your buying the diaper--it is your choice. personally, i'm sick of both sides. i don't give a shit (sorry diaper humour) what YOU spend but i'm also sick of this "we support wahms" party line. i really don't think that paying them $2-$5 an hour qualifies as "allowing" them to sah. obviously most do it out of a creative desire. my guess would be that only a small percentage of diaper making wahms are profitable.

and as a wahm in a different field, i think people romanticize the heck out of wahming. it's not really like the kids feed the fabric through the machine or always play gently at your feet. or that mom never loses her temper because she is redoing something for the 3rd time.

okay, kinda off on a tangent there. when i was more involved in diapering, i found the old set up very off-putting. i don't like competition and found some of the threads around stockings disturbing. the whole concept of hyena is kind of the antithesis of what i teach my kids. yes, yes i know diapering mamas can be very generous. i've heard that before--and yes, i've seen it a few times as well. it cheapens in value though when you have to recite it like a mantra.

i have seen it go both ways. but diapering was not just a big happy family prior to the re-organization. that would be revisionist history.

mama2kyla, i have found your remarks to be soothing. thank you for aknowledging that there are two sides of the issue. oops cross post. i found a thread the other day to be VERY disturbing. will pm you.
post #114 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2kyla
we acknowledged that it occured in retaliation to attacks on hyena diaper using moms and by a select few. I've never seen anyone start a thread just for fun to pick on a simple diapering mama when it wasnt prefaced by a thread about how ridiculous it is to use expensive diapers.
I'v never seen entire threads started to MAKE FUN of hyena diapering mamas. And any posts that I saw that did make remarks about the $$ in a way that hurt a hyena mamas feelings, were also made by a 'select few'.
post #115 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402
Its been stated, but that doesn't make it fact. There is so much more to those very few instances than what people in this thread are saying.
post #116 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
I'v never seen entire threads started to MAKE FUN of hyena diapering mamas. And any posts that I saw that did make remarks about the $$ in a way that hurt a hyena mamas feelings, were also made by a 'select few'.
i wish i could get links, but the thread starters realized their mistakes and asked for them to be removed.
post #117 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402
Its been stated, but that doesn't make it fact. There is so much more to those very few instances than what people in this thread are saying.
Um. I have replies that were made to particular threads saved, in black and white 'fact' form. So please do not imply it is not a fact. When it IS a fact that it occurred on BOTH sides. I'm trying to be honest and find a middle ground about it all. Can you try to do so please?
post #118 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by zexplorers
At the risk of beating a dead horse how is paying $25 for a handdyed, handsewn diaper made with organic materials by a woman making less than minimum wage per hour anti-nfl? I get a product I'm happy with ( and will pass on one day in one way or another) and I'm helping her stay home with her kids and put food on the table...... I'd much rather do that than buy products that were made overseas where the middleman gets all the profit.

I'm sorry, but to me, rabid consumerism is very anti-nfl- tread gently, etc. I don't think spending spending 25 dollars on a diaper is bad. I don't think spending a particular amount of money is necessarily bad. It is the cut-throat attitude, being annoyed if your children make you miss a stocking, etc etc.

I used to feel like I was on a cd board on babycentre.
post #119 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee




(sorry, that's the only no smilie here. )
post #120 of 644
Thread Starter 
I guess we have to start saving threads/posts attacking those buying diapers that arent prefolds... it never occured to me to that or ammunition later.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › WAS - another plea...NOW -discussion about Diapering