And just think? All those aches and pains and things were because there were DOUBLE the babies in there!! Congratulations!
post #1 of 14
11/23/05 at 8:27pm
|This is what is so funny.
- I didn't feel any *definate* movement until after 17 weeks. Both placentas are on the front of my uterus.
- I didn't get an early bfp. It was like the day of or day after AF was due
- Morning sickness was very similar to how it was with my first two.
- I measured perfect for my date until 30 weeks.
- I wasn't in maternity clothes until later than with my first 2. My 26 week belly pic I'm wearing regular pants! Way down low, but still, they worked great.
Its like Baby B just showed up out of nowhere at 30 weeks . Since then I've had a very strong suspicion of twins. I did my darndest to ignore that feeling until my u/s. It all seems so obvious now with how the past 3.5 weeks have gone. I had dreams of measuring 48cms. 3 weeks ago my MW and I had a nice laugh at that dream. Now, I probably AM measuring 48cms.
Not being able to pin down names or be certain of what sex I'm having was very strange. I finally settled on my guess being A girl, but I didn't feel confident in that. Duh, it was 2 girls!
Dh and I are doing much better today. We only slept about 5.5 hours last night. We were up until about 2am talking about the days events over and over and pondering a second girls name. Then we woke up around 7 talking about the same things again. Its so much to process and such a short time to do it in. We feel so blessed though. Having twins is such a unique and special experience. We feel lucky to be able to have this experience.
His uncle who has twins simply said "Enjoy the ride". That's really how I see this. We bargained for one baby, but its totally out of our hands. We were given a second and the rest will be what it is!