or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Got names? - Page 4

post #61 of 72
We are having a boy, and his name will be Callum John. Callum we just like 9and if DH and i agree on a name we have to use it, because we have VERY different taste), and John is for my grandad. My grandad's name wasn't john, but he hated his name so much that he lied to my grandma about it until teh day they were to be married, and then he took her aside and said "Sweetie, my name's not John, it's Earl. I didn't think you'd marry a man named Earl" but she did! and he went by John teh rest of his life. So why gift a child with the name he hated? we are going to use the name he gave himself!

Freya
Callum John due June 3, 2006
post #62 of 72
That's a great name, Freya! Excited to see you over here too.
post #63 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by freya6903
My grandad's name wasn't john, but he hated his name so much that he lied to my grandma about it until teh day they were to be married, and then he took her aside and said "Sweetie, my name's not John, it's Earl. I didn't think you'd marry a man named Earl" but she did! and he went by John teh rest of his life. So why gift a child with the name he hated? we are going to use the name he gave himself!
That's really funny, because *my* grandfather's name was Earl, too, and he told his kids that they weren't to even think of naming one of their kids after him, because he hated his name so much!
post #64 of 72
You think Earl is bad? My grandfather's name was Earson!

He went by Joe.
post #65 of 72
My husband's grandfather's name was Elmer... and dh INSISTS on naming one of our children after him! His middle name was just the initial S. so I can't even use that! So wrong I tell you, and you oughta see how offended he gets when I (and others) laugh at the name ..."my grandfather was a great man..." yadda yadda... like I care, Elmer is just not something you name your kid! Everyone, please pray we have many MANY girls!
post #66 of 72
I have a question for you all --

We found out we're having a girl so now we're deciding between several girls' names. I really like the name Nova, but I also really want her middle name to be Margaret after my grandmother. So, do you think Nova Margaret sounds weird?

If so, I'm thinking: Eva Margaret, Eve Margaret, or Evelyn Margaret...

What do you think of those?
post #67 of 72
Oh, and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace's voice
you oughta see how offended he gets when I (and others) laugh at the name ..."my grandfather was a great man..." yadda yadda... like I care, Elmer is just not something you name your kid! Everyone, please pray we have many MANY girls!


My dad's name is Francis and he absolutely hated it, even though he always told everyone Frank. Of course his parents and three sisters always called him Francis, though. When we found out DS 1 was a boy, he was like, "PLEASE don't name him after me!!"
post #68 of 72
we're having a boy so we're pretty sure he'll be Dawson Patrick.
post #69 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM
I have a question for you all --

We found out we're having a girl so now we're deciding between several girls' names. I really like the name Nova, but I also really want her middle name to be Margaret after my grandmother. So, do you think Nova Margaret sounds weird?

If so, I'm thinking: Eva Margaret, Eve Margaret, or Evelyn Margaret...

What do you think of those?
I like Nova Margaret I don't think it sounds weird at all and I like it better even than the three alternatives you gave (though those are nice too)
post #70 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM
I have a question for you all --

We found out we're having a girl so now we're deciding between several girls' names. I really like the name Nova, but I also really want her middle name to be Margaret after my grandmother. So, do you think Nova Margaret sounds weird?

If so, I'm thinking: Eva Margaret, Eve Margaret, or Evelyn Margaret...

What do you think of those?

Well, Evelyn is on our list, so I am partial....as for Nova Margaret....I don't think it flows at first, but after saying it a couple of times it does. My one daughters name didn't flow to me at first, but now she is four, and I couldn't imagine it any other way! Go with what you love!

~C~
post #71 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM
My dad's name is Francis and he absolutely hated it, even though he always told everyone Frank. Of course his parents and three sisters always called him Francis, though. When we found out DS 1 was a boy, he was like, "PLEASE don't name him after me!!"
My dad's name is Preston Francis, and my Mom always called him Pres, but once they got divorced he suddenly changed his name to "Frank." Now everyone calls him Frank.
post #72 of 72
Quote:
So, do you think Nova Margaret sounds weird?
I don't think it sounds weird at all! In fact, I really like the combo. Nova is a cool, unusual name, go for it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2006