Originally Posted by nancy926
chasmyn - I write for a dental health site so I'm probably more on the mainstream end of things....but I have read that removing amalgam fillings exposes you to way more mercury than would occur if you just left them in. Supposedly once the material sets, there is very little mercury exposure. but that is just what I have read, haven't really looked into it further.
Not true about there not being mercury exposure. With every chew, mercury vapors are released. And those vapors are absorbed very rapidly by the brain - about 80% of them. Also with hot food the vapors will be released. And if they are touched by metal, I believe. Very very scary stuff, especially when you consider the possible health effects.
There's a great article about it here.
CarenSwan, amalgams are silver fillings. They are 50% mercury. I'm so sorry to hear about sick baby! And glad to hear things are getting better.
Welcome baby Dakota!
I'm amazed that some of our DDC babies are crawling already! Kiernen sits up well, but still refuses to roll all the way over, and is so anti tummy time. I suspect he'll walk before he ceawls, too! But I am in NO hurry.