or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Understanding Circumcision › purple, bluish glans..?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

purple, bluish glans..? - Page 2

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosren
- the coronal ridge at the base of the glans would also be affected. "

is that the areas on glans next to the string/underneath?
Ah, so I assume he still has his frenulum intact.
post #22 of 28
Not likely. Some circ'd males still have the remnant of the frenulum. My dh does, it is his favorite, most sensitive part. But from descriptions of the procedure and from what intact men can sense with the frenulum, one can see that the sensations left in it are very muted and simple after having been torn from the foreskin and separated from major blood flow.
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
is the frenulum the area under the glans? in so case; that part is hidden under the skin....i guess it's called an adhesion..?!!
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosren
is the frenulum the area under the glans? in so case; that part is hidden under the skin....i guess it's called an adhesion..?!!
or is it the string?
post #25 of 28
I think it's the "string." There are other frenulums on the body. The thin strip of skin under the tongue is a frenulum. There are also frenulums between the gums and the lips at the front of the mouth. The frenulum on the penis is between the foreskin and the glans. It stretches from just short of the urinary opening to the base of the glans and on down onto the foreskin. The frenulum is always cut during the circumcision procedure.

Also, I just realized that you are a Norwegian living in the US. Previously, I thought you were living in Norway. While you would have a hard time finding a doctor in Norway familair with your son's problem, you will have no problem at all finding one here in The US. They are all so familiar with it that they think intact boys can have the problem too and they try to pull the foreskin back to check them for it. Intact boys do not have meatal stenosis. (I'm underling that for the benefit of any doctors lurking here.) Unfortunately, with all of the cases they see here, they remain blissfully ignorant of the cause or the treatment of the condition. They can only surgically relieve the symptoms.



Frank
post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking

Also, I just realized that you are a Norwegian living in the US. Previously, I thought you were living in Norway.

Frank
- i am living in norway.......
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking
I think it's the "string." There are other frenulums on the body. The thin strip of skin under the tongue is a frenulum. There are also frenulums between the gums and the lips at the front of the mouth. The frenulum on the penis is between the foreskin and the glans. It stretches from just short of the urinary opening to the base of the glans and on down onto the foreskin. The frenulum is always cut during the circumcision procedure.
Frank
hmm...the string isn't totally gone though... or is it? it's been many years since i last saw an intact penis; the string holds the foreskin...and for many intact it actually tears/gets cut during intercourse.

but there is a "string" still; on my husband, and on my son...? or maybe it's just "leftovers" ? ?

at least i know; that this area is one of the sensitive parts along with the tip and underneath/around the head of my husbands (circumcised) penis !
post #28 of 28
Yep, it's leftovers. The part that's left no longer functions. The circumcision procedure totally destroys the function of the frenulum which has been compared to the female clitoris.

The tearing of the frenulum is easily prevented by stretching it for a couple of weeks.

Was your son circumcised in Norway or The US? I would think it would be very difficult to find a doctor in Norway willing to perform the procedure. Is your husband Jewish and the circumcision was done by a religious circumciser in Norway? This is something I have been wondering about since your first post.



Frank
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Understanding Circumcision
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Understanding Circumcision › purple, bluish glans..?