I live in canada where raw milk is illegal, I am trying hard to get some but it's proving to be harder than I thought. Since I cant get raw milk it's hard to get butter too. I did however find organic butter at the health food store, it is light yellow in colour, is this what I should be giving my daughter? She has a dairy intolerance so should she be able to tolerate the butter? Or do I need to find a different source. Also, my daughter is 22 months and is supposed to be going under for some fillings. The dentist didnt take xrays or anything of her teeth and didnt even touch them, just said they are decaying. They are at a white stage but one tooth has a bit of brown. My question is how do I know they are starting to heal when they do. I have a feeling if we see the same dentist 6 months from now he will tell me she still needs the work...
Is it possible she is not getting adequate calcium b/c she's avoiding dairy? Calcium fortified rice milks and the like are not well absorbed at all.
I'm new to this thread (have read the first 15 pages so far). I want to thank everyone for their amazing advice. My 2yo son has small dark spots on his first year molars (2nd years haven't come in yet), and I'm determined to reverse the problem! Hard to say why it's happening - he rarely has candy or juice - it may be due to lots of antibiotics before tubes were put in his ears - maybe because of a milk allergy he has finally grown out of.
I now have a very long list of things to get started with to save his teeth, and I'm finally feeling like I have some power over the situation! Here's my plan... am I missing something, or overdoing anything?
1. Ordered CLO/Butter Oil from Green Pastures.
2. Xylitol 3-5 times a day
3. Making bone broth tomorrow - I can't imagine he'll drink it, but I'm planning on using it for veggies, rice, etc.
4. Thinking of adding a very small amount of trace minerals to his water once a day- or maybe use this instead: http://www.vitacost.com/Peter-Gillha...s-Formula-Calm
5. Homeopathic cell salts: calc phos and calc fluor
6. Grass fed butter, cheese and some meat (he often refuses meat) - still working on the grass fed milk source
7. Adding probiotics to plain yogurt every morning
8. Considering MI paste
Also, has anyone used these Uncle Harry products, or does anyone have an opinion on the ingredients?
- Uncle Harry's Children's Toothpaste:
- Uncle Harry's Remineralization Powder:
Meat is not important to bones/teeth... it's the fat that contains the fat soluble vitamins: egg yolks, grassfed butter/cheese/cream, seafood and organ meats... and also the bone broths which are high in minerals.
Soups, stews and potatoes have also been good things to sneak bone broths into. If I put a lot of salt (celtic sea salt highest in minerals) my DS loves drinking it occasionally too. Sometimes if you vary the method of delivery they don't catch on!
I would ask on main forum if anyone has used Uncle Harry's products.