My son has bad eczema and he is almost 5 months old. It is doing a lot better this week I think because we are only bathing once a week and I have started taking omega 3 pills. From what I understand eczema is linked to allergies and allergies can be excaberated by vaccinations. I am looking for articles and studies to build a case for my DH as to why we shouldn't vaccinate or why we should delay longer. My son is exculsively BF and hasn't recieved any solids yet. We plan to start solids around 6 months and we aren't going to give him any dairy until a year. He has only received one DTaP at 10 weeks and we are planning on getting one HIB shot at 6 months. Any help or advice would be appreciated. We so far vaccinate my DD on a delayed and selective (no Hep. B, Hep. A, flu, chicken pox shots). He is otherwise healthy but he seems to catch everything compared to my DD (thrush, viral rash, bad cold, etc.) and he is only 4 months old. We have not put him on any antibotics (and we don't plan on it) but I am a bit concerned that he has a weak or weaker immune system. My brother had reactions to the DTaP as a baby and my son looks so much like my brother I can't help but wonder if he has some of his genes. My DH is a hard sell. Thanks again!
post #1 of 29
1/24/06 at 2:53pm