a few new ideas...
just discovered this thread, as we only just hit the toddler stage (dd is 13 mos). I've got a few ideas I didn't see up here -
1) those little post-it note pads are a blast for little guys, like stickers but repositionable and easy to clean!
2) Spagetti painting - mix leftover spagetti with glue and tempre or food colouring. Smoosh and play on a pice of paper, let dry.
3)Nothing beats a rousing game of where's baby? 'hide' under a sheet or towel or what ever and pretend to be lost; or hide baby under the towel and look for her; or 'hide' her on your shoulders and 'forget she's there - look in ridiculous places, like the cutlery drawer, the pot on the stove, the fridge, under the cushions on the couch. Warning - hang on to the kid!!! serious giggling impedes their ability to hang on!!!
4) Household chores, like emptying the dryer, sorting socks, washing the baseboards, swiffering (the handle comes apart, so you can make it baby size), etc. are taken very seriously by dd lol Such a help :P and funny to watch her
5) Raisins in a box - well, more a snack than an activity, I guess, but dd loves these! digging the rasins out, playing with the box after (squishing, blowing on it, etc), putting cheerios in it and diggin or dumping them - the mini boxes are just little enough to be a challenge, but not small enough to be frustrating.
6)Stickers - dd thinks its funny when I put a sticker on her or on me, fun to peel off and stick on again
7) Fridge magnet friends - I take old pictures or ones I've printed out and use double sided tape to stick them to those advertizing magnets everyone hands out. Dd especially likes them when she's missing someone; tends to go to her dad's or grandma's pic, points and says 'da-da' or 'ga-ga?' and then takes the magnet and carries it with her.
8) Frozen juice can lids - these are great, no sharp edges and a lip on them. We've used them to glue pictures to and make 'memory' games, painted them to become 'magic coins' to use in treasure hunts, counting and sorting games; little ones like putting them in and out of jars or bowls, etc.
Anyway, I should be in bed - jen