Hi! I am back from the edges of the evil-death-flu to pick up where I left off on learning more about NT. Got lots of Qs!
1. Anyone have trouble getting organic, grass fed meats? Anyone use mail order? What should I be expecting to pay for this? How do you find cuts that include bones for broth? What is the lingo for asking about broth meat/bones?
2. I know I have asked this Q in a couple of forms, but is cooking with dairy a no-no? Like for instance, casseroles? Is there any nutritional benefit to eating cheese in a caserrole?
3. Again, asked before but am still undecided.....if you could not get raw dairy, would you still eat dairy (assuming you can get organic)?
4. I have been working on my sourdough expertise. I finally made a couple of loaves that are edible. They are still pretty flat and VERY dense but at least they are not suitable for using as pavers liek the other ones I have made are. Since the dough is rising overnight, is that grain considered "soaked"?
5. What is "cream". So many recipes call for heavy cream. I do not see "cream" in the dairy case. If it is in so many recipes (and not just in the nT book) why can I not find it? I do not even see it in the regular grocery. I see "whipping cream". What is the difference? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Could I use a cultured product in it's place? Like yogurt or viila?
6. What is the deal with sour cream? It is one of the things I loved to eat the most before I went vegan. But I do not see it discussed or used in the NT book. Is there a reason?
7. Does anyone know of a pre-prepared broth that is suitable?
8. Why CLO? I keep seeing it discussed here. Why do you use it?
9. Oils. I still use olive oil for stir frying. I never go above medium heat. Am I still doing something bad to the oil by using it heated? Should I be using butter instead?
I could go on and on..... I will be back with more
I need my own personal NT counselor. Anyone want to move in?