I'm Cat. Momma to my 2yo ds, Emerson. I'm expecting dd#1 sometime between now and May 8th. She will be born by planned csec, either when I go into labor (more likely) or on 5/8, if she hasn't shown up by then.
I had a csec with ds after pushing for 6+ hours. He wasn't malpositioned, and I had freedom of movement. He was stuck at +1. His poor little head was wedged into my pelvis, and he came out with a huge sack of fluid and swelling on his crown. His head was 14.5" at birth.
Oddly enough, I got stuck coming out a little lower down, and was pulled out with forceps. Dh got stuck about where ds did, and his mom had a csec back in the 70s, when they were much less common. I think we just grow kids with HUGE heads.
DD is actually measuring even bigger than ds, so I'm glad that we've made the decision for a repeat csec. I recovered fairly well from my csec, but I think the traumatic 46 hour active labor really took it's toll on me. I can't imagine going through that again, just to have another surgery, and having to take care of a toddler in addition to a newborn. ACK!
The doctors in the practice we're going to seem very supportive of our birthplan and helping us to make it very much a birth. I'm nervous as all get out. Between facing surgery, a hospital stay, and a new little life, who wouldn't be? But, I'm really getting excited too!