I'm facing a possibility of spina bifida right now as well. I've got the level II on tuesday. I still haven't heard back about the quad screen, so I'm hopeful. We have known from the beginning that this was a very real possibility because of the medication I was on the first 6 1/2 weeks. I really don't even have a preference as to boy or girl this time (seems strange to me), I just would prefer a healthy baby. I am confident knowing that no matter what happens, I could not possibly love my baby any less. If something is wrong, no matter how many times the doctors call my baby "the fetus" it is my baby and nothing less. Now that this little one is on it's way, I can't imagine life without it...and we weren't planning on having more for about six more years. I could never abort my child, no matter how sever the handicap. I would much rather carry my baby to term and hold it for a breif few minutes and then say goodbye, just to know I hadn't missed out on any joy they had to offer. We have given this a great deal of thought with all of the possibilities we are facing right now. I can honestly say if would be nothing but relief that could stem from our upcoming ultrasound. Although the closer it gets the more real all the possible findings become. Thank God for faith!
post #21 of 22
4/19/06 at 1:13am