or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kegels article

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I have to say, this time around I've been pretty horrible about doing my kegels. But, this article has inspired me to get busy!

http://chppm-www.apgea.army.mil/dhpw...loorHealth.pdf
post #2 of 6
I must hide this from my husband. He's been harassing me enough already about doing at least 150 a day. I even got in the way to work this morning with the 'do some kegals' command. I said something along the lines of 'Didn't I just tell you I was stressed out this morning? I will not do kegals.' I am one grumpy woman today.
post #3 of 6
My OB told me at this point they are almost useless...you need to do them early to make them do a lot of good. I'm still doing a couple a day, but I'm *not* holding them for 10 seconds anymore...I hold them until it's uncomfortable and then I quit!
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
My OB told me at this point they are almost useless...you need to do them early to make them do a lot of good. I'm still doing a couple a day, but I'm *not* holding them for 10 seconds anymore...I hold them until it's uncomfortable and then I quit!
Really? Last pregnancy, I started my Bradley classes and we learned how important these were and until I read the article, I forgot HOW important they really are.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
Really? Last pregnancy, I started my Bradley classes and we learned how important these were and until I read the article, I forgot HOW important they really are.
I guess everyone has different views...that may just be his personal opinion. He said they are really important during the first two trimesters, but because of the pressure of the baby in the third tri, we can't get a "good" kegel. I was asking him about my "leaking" and if kegels would help...his answer was "yup, after the baby is born kegel like crazy and it will help a lot"
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
I guess everyone has different views...that may just be his personal opinion. He said they are really important during the first two trimesters, but because of the pressure of the baby in the third tri, we can't get a "good" kegel.
Yeah, I was noticing they felt different and not as effective lately. A big difference between first trimester and now. Oh well, they can't hurt if I keep doing them now, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2006