I don't know... I'm just not feeling this. I keep having this premonition that something is going to go wrong... either with the pregnancy, or birth, or that the baby is going to have a birth defect. I've had this premonition since BEFORE I got pregnant, that if I had another child there would be something wrong with him/her. Turns out the dad was born with a birth defect that can be passed on to the child. That, in addition to complication rates of 3% in the general population, and the fact that I was on meds when I got pregnant, and have an illness associated with certain birth defects (over 25% rate of birth defects in one study)... I feel the odds are against me. I just feel so detached from this all. I know there's a 68% chance the baby won't have a birth defect... but still... 32% seems rather high, and bothersome.
post #1 of 4
6/6/06 at 9:55pm