Ok, here it is. It is from a friend, who got it, I think, from an Amish family.
4-5 cups oatmeal (soaked overnight in about 1-2 cups yogurt or kefir, plus 1-2 cups warmish water)
1 cup sweetner of choice (can use less)
3/4 cup oil (can use less)
1-2 cups milk
2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
1 TB cinnamon
1 TB baking powder
1-2 cups fresh, frozen, or dried fruit, such as blueberries, strawberries, cherries, raisins, cranberries, rhubarb, etc.
1. Soak oatmeal overnight in yogurt or kefir. In the morning, preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix well. Add milk (start with the smaller amount, and adjust to get the consistency you like), and mix again. Add fruit, and mix again.
3. Add oatmeal to egg mixture, and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a 9" X 13" pan. Bake at 350F for about 1 hr., or until set. You can bake it on a lower temp. for longer, or a higher temp. for less time, if necessary. I've done it both ways.
5. Serve warm with yogurt, cream, milk, or applesauce. Very good cold, or reheated.
The amounts I've listed are flexible. I usually just do this pretty free-form, so it's never really quite the same. It's always very good, though. Feel free to experiment. It comes out quite custardy, and sooo yummy! I just made it for a friend with a new baby.