Gardenmommy, I made yours this morning (& last night
) I tweaked some things as follows:
4-5 cups oatmeal (soaked overnight in about 1-2 cups yogurt or kefir, plus 1-2 cups warmish water)
4 eggs I used 3 because that's all I had
1 cup sweetner of choice (can use less) No sweetener
3/4 cup oil (can use less) 4 TBSP coconut oil
1-2 cups milk
2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
1 TB cinnamon
1 TB baking powder 1 tsp baking powder1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 heaping cups chopped apples
1-2 cups fresh, frozen, or dried fruit, such as blueberries, strawberries, cherries, raisins, cranberries, rhubarb, etc.
1. Soak oatmeal overnight in yogurt
or kefir. In the morning, preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix well. Add milk (start with the smaller amount, and adjust to get the consistency you like), and mix again. Add fruit, and mix again.
3. Add oatmeal to egg mixture, and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a 9" X 13" pan. Bake at 350F for about 1 hr., or until set. You can bake it on a lower temp. for longer, or a higher temp. for less time, if necessary. I've done it both ways.
5. Serve warm with yogurt, cream, milk, or applesauce. Very good cold, or reheated.I served it with raw milk over it & when I baked it, I lined the pan in parchment paper & had no sticking issues.
Next time, I think I'll use coconut milk in the mix instead of raw milk & I'll mix in some chunks of mango (frozen from TJs.)