or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 134

post #2661 of 2914
Thank you for all of your advice. I knew other Secreters would be helpful! There is just so much encouragement and empathy on this thread that it is incredible! I guess what all this boils down to is that I really want to make a difference. I want to change the world for people and animals. It may sound silly, but I am so jealous of the Irwins (Croc Hunter) not because of their fame or money, but because of the wonderful impact they have made in the world. I want to do that too!

But it all goes back to me, deep down feeling like I really dont deserve it. Not to make a sad story, but I was told all my life by the people closest to me that I would never amount to anything. I quit school because I was aimlessly and half heartedly attending, and I wanted to focus on something else that would make me happy... but deep down when I think of that I think "you're right, I couldnt even make it through college." It makes me angry at myself. I need to get over this! I am only hurting myself!

I am now on a mission for self peace and happiness. I am making my vision board full of all the things I want, and I am going to start watching "The Secret to You" on youtube everyday (anyone watch it yet? It touches me so much and just the melody raises my vibrations so much I can feel them. Heres the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=phL0RLKL8bc ) I guess I just have to keep telling myself "I deserve to be happy in every way".
post #2662 of 2914
Marie...

I deserve all the good things the universe has to offer me.
I am deserving.
I deserve.

Repeat it often, and say it with feeling. Even if you don't believe it at first, you will start to. Thoughts become beliefs! Fake it 'til you make it!

Oh, and lots of people drop out of school. I dropped out of my journalism program a week before the completion of my first year, meaning I got no credit for any of it at all. I went on to do/study other things and had a very successful career before having my kids. Now I'm even happier, and have many bigger, better, more glorious things ahead of me.

Bob Proctor was a high school drop out. Look at him, using LoA to do great things in the world! Loads of other examples of this out there.

post #2663 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJJJ View Post
It may sound silly, but I am so jealous of the Irwins (Croc Hunter) not because of their fame or money, but because of the wonderful impact they have made in the world. I want to do that too!
Jealousy can be turned around to gratitude. You can focus on gratitude for all they have done and all his heirs will continue to do.

Feeling silly can be turned around. You can focus on gratitude for your love of animals and how good it feels.

Glad there are people like you in the world!
post #2664 of 2914
Indecision is a lack of self-trust.

No matter what else you say about it, "I was told I would never amount to anything, I'm not worthy," etc... it doesn't really matter. Everything will lead you full circle back to a lack of self-trust.

"I want to be on TV and teach children about animals. But there's no way I could do that."

When the truth is more like, "but since I cannot see a clear path to my desire, I must have chosen the wrong desire. I sure wish God would come hit me on the head with a frying pan labeled with my Life's Purpose so I'd know what to do."

Well, God already did that. You just don't believe him.
post #2665 of 2914
Oh, and Marie... We went to my niece's fourth birthday and there was a woman that came in with a car load of animals to talk to the kids. There were hamsters, rabbits, parrots... She does birthday parties, school events, etc. I also have a friend that decided to become a bug clown last year. She brings all kinds of bugs to the children and teaches them about these amazing creatures. There's more than one way to reach a goal.
post #2666 of 2914
Who was asking in which thread about trying to get over the idea of things being hard? :

It's funny, because I finally accepted it was okay to have what I want, so I found the most joyful, beautiful calling I could possibly imagine for myself, and I'm busy making it hard.

"I am so happy and grateful that it's so joyful and easy to compile my book!"
post #2667 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Indecision is a lack of self-trust.

No matter what else you say about it, "I was told I would never amount to anything, I'm not worthy," etc... it doesn't really matter. Everything will lead you full circle back to a lack of self-trust.

"I want to be on TV and teach children about animals. But there's no way I could do that."

When the truth is more like, "but since I cannot see a clear path to my desire, I must have chosen the wrong desire. I sure wish God would come hit me on the head with a frying pan labeled with my Life's Purpose so I'd know what to do."

Well, God already did that. You just don't believe him.
Exactly!! You hit the nail right on the head. I don't trust myself, and all those other reasons are "So whats" (as they are labeled in the Secret). I DO want the Creator to hit me over the head with my life's mission, and I also want little Post It's stuck all over the place so I am absolutely sure I am doing what I am suposed to do. If only it were that easy!

Koala Mama, I have thought about doing that! As I was cleaning out our now spare aquarium, I had the brilliant idea of fulfilling my son's wish of buying a snake. I then thought "I could learn all I can about snakes, then take it (or them if we buy more) to my son's show and tell at school, and let it go from there!" DING DING!! There's my frying pan! I guess I'm just lazy. Talking to you ladies I am seeing things clearly... its great to talk to people who wont immediately shoot me down or say "You won't ever do that/finish that/start that."
post #2668 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJJJ View Post
I DO want the Creator to hit me over the head with my life's mission, and I also want little Post It's stuck all over the place so I am absolutely sure I am doing what I am suposed to do. If only it were that easy!
Wasn't it Neal Donald Walsh (sp?) who was saying there's no blackboard in the sky on which God has written your life purpose - so your life purpose is whatever you decide it to be.
post #2669 of 2914
And....who cares if you start it and don't finish. There are tons of things I've wanted to be/do/have along this life journey of mine. Sometimes, I've started down a road, it feels great for awhile, and then it doesn't, so I choose something else. That is called the Law of Attraction. We choose things we want, then along the way we choose to keep going or choose to experience something else. It's all okay. There is no test you have to pass!

Perhaps you could contact the Irwins. Maybe they'd have some helpful advice for you.

You could do a tv show....something like "Zaboomafoo" where you teach kids about animals.

There are millions of ways it could happen. Start taking action. If it feels good, continue, if it doesn't, try something else.

You don't need the frying pan over the head....YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR HEART IS CALLING YOU TO DO, you've even told us all....so just go do it already!!!
post #2670 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
And....who cares if you start it and don't finish. There are tons of things I've wanted to be/do/have along this life journey of mine. Sometimes, I've started down a road, it feels great for awhile, and then it doesn't, so I choose something else. That is called the Law of Attraction. We choose things we want, then along the way we choose to keep going or choose to experience something else. It's all okay. There is no test you have to pass!


Thanks for this MCAL -- you put into words exactly how I feel *now*. I used to feel so much guilt or feelings of failure of like I couldn't *stick* to anything when I would go from hobby to hobby --- for NO REASON!!

Take knitting for instance (or any of my other hobbies which I've traded for new ones) --- when I stopped, I didn't feel bad that I wasn't knitting, I felt all bad because I hadn't continued with my knitting --- I know that will make sense to you

Since finding LOA, or for me, harnessing it -- who gives a toss if I am not knitting? If I yearn to knit, I knit.... I haven't had the calling to lately, and that's cool --- it doesn't mean I abandoned something or "didn't finish" or whatever --- I am just doing what feels good....

Anywayyyyyy... just wanted to say thanks for wording that better
post #2671 of 2914
And besides....you have proven you can stick with things....You've stuck with this thread for nearly 3000 posts!!!!
post #2672 of 2914
:
post #2673 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
And besides....you have proven you can stick with things....You've stuck with this thread for nearly 3000 posts!!!!
<snort!> That's fantastic!
post #2674 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
And besides....you have proven you can stick with things....You've stuck with this thread for nearly 3000 posts!!!!
Hahahaha! OMG, that's a matter of fact, too! :
post #2675 of 2914
MPJJJ~first of all, no snakes EEEEEK But I think others have had some great ideas. There's a "reptile guy" here that does birthday parties, events at the library, etc....there's also a juggling duo, magic guy, spa day at home person...just throwing those out there in case others need ideas.

A question for all: Do you "share" the secret with others? My mil, a wonderful person btw, saw the Oprah show. When she started telling me about it, I said oh yes, I've heard about it, blah blah blah, I have last weeks show taped and THE dvd. And now I'm kinda feeling like I don't want to share it with her. I only saw this because I know she leaps into every new fad/diet/book/astrology/feng shui/celebrity gossip/club/excercise place.....you get the picture ? I just don't know if I want to show her this, share it with her, something I'm trying to work into MY life and in a few weeks or month or so she'll be jumping onto something else. (and pooh-poohing the secret)
post #2676 of 2914
I share it with everyone I know, even with people I dont know! They can choose what they want to do with it. If they want to pooh-pooh, fine by me! They're the ones who are missing out!
post #2677 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
A question for all: Do you "share" the secret with others? My mil, a wonderful person btw, saw the Oprah show. When she started telling me about it, I said oh yes, I've heard about it, blah blah blah, I have last weeks show taped and THE dvd. And now I'm kinda feeling like I don't want to share it with her. I only saw this because I know she leaps into every new fad/diet/book/astrology/feng shui/celebrity gossip/club/excercise place.....you get the picture ? I just don't know if I want to show her this, share it with her, something I'm trying to work into MY life and in a few weeks or month or so she'll be jumping onto something else. (and pooh-poohing the secret)
Yep, I did the same thing - "accidentally" shared with a friend who gets all excited about new things... for a while. I'm a little sorry too, because I only want to talk with her about it from a positive perspective - not when she loses interest and wants to know why my life isn't perfect because of this.
post #2678 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post

A question for all: Do you "share" the secret with others? My mil, a wonderful person btw, saw the Oprah show. When she started telling me about it, I said oh yes, I've heard about it, blah blah blah, I have last weeks show taped and THE dvd. And now I'm kinda feeling like I don't want to share it with her. I only saw this because I know she leaps into every new fad/diet/book/astrology/feng shui/celebrity gossip/club/excercise place.....you get the picture ? I just don't know if I want to show her this, share it with her, something I'm trying to work into MY life and in a few weeks or month or so she'll be jumping onto something else. (and pooh-poohing the secret)
Yes! I gave my copy to my neighbor just yesterday.

I'm telling everyone I know about it.
post #2679 of 2914
I share with people who let me know they are open to it.
post #2680 of 2914
Thanks for the DDDC which I am discussing here (something tells me it came from a fan of The Secret!)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...33#post7340033
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?