or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 135

post #2681 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I'm going back a little to the discussion about the Crystal and Indigo children because I was away during that discussion.

There is not a child being born now that doesn't fall into a category like this. All children now are being born with a higher intention, with a clearer knowing, with more intuitive skills, etc. Every child is being born into this higher vibrational frequency.

The fact is though, that it doesn't really matter so much...because as AP parents, we are in tune with our kids and just *get* that they need to be raised differently than many of us had been raised. And because we are attached, we know this. We have all been led to raise our children this way because we are in tune with this idea. So, it does not matter if your child fits a description or not....every child being born now is part of this higher vibration.
Okay, now I'm going back in the discussion because I've been away. MsChats, I agree with much of what you said. However, I believe we choose our parents, and with that consideration children can choose parents who will nurture their gifts or they can choose parents who squelch them (and of course parents do this all the time unintentionally). I do believe crystal children are more likely to choose parents who AP, because that's exactly the type of upbringing they need---one based on mutual respect. I know my unborn son led my to AP, UC, and unschooling because I'd never even heard of those things before becoming pregnant.

Yes, every child being born may have a higher vibration but not every child will have their gifts recognized and celebrated. An aware parent will notice their child has certain special gifts when to others that child may seem autistic. I guess what I'm saying is that some children ARE different--and that's a good thing. I know when I started learning about Crystals and Indigos it made so much fall into place regarding my temperment (indigo), my son's differences (crystal), and my choice of parenting style.

Learning about this spoke to me on a soul level and catapulted my spiritual journey, so to me, it really did make a difference--a beautiful difference.

Just had to say that.
post #2682 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Okay, now I'm going back in the discussion because I've been away. MsChats, I agree with much of what you said. However, I believe we choose our parents, and with that consideration children can choose parents who will nurture their gifts or they can choose parents who squelch them (and of course parents do this all the time unintentionally). I do believe crystal children are more likely to choose parents who AP, because that's exactly the type of upbringing they need---one based on mutual respect. I know my unborn son led my to AP, UC, and unschooling because I'd never even heard of those things before becoming pregnant.

Yes, every child being born may have a higher vibration but not every child will have their gifts recognized and celebrated. An aware parent will notice their child has certain special gifts when to others that child may seem autistic. I guess what I'm saying is that some children ARE different--and that's a good thing. I know when I started learning about Crystals and Indigos it made so much fall into place regarding my temperment (indigo), my son's differences (crystal), and my choice of parenting style.

Learning about this spoke to me on a soul level and catapulted my spiritual journey, so to me, it really did make a difference--a beautiful difference.

Just had to say that.
I agree with you. Even Crystals and Indigos will choose to parents that aren't going to nurture their gifts. It will allow them contrast and will serve them and all of us by doing that.

Those who have written about these children say that every child being born is special and has chosen this time because they are all Indigos or Crystals. Even an unrecognized one is still one.

And yes, I agree that it is good that we are all different.
post #2683 of 2914
I skimmed through the book you are talking about quickly one day recently and it really didn't speak to me. Do you think it's worth a read even if I don't think we fit into the categories?

I do have no doubt, however, that a little girl I once taught in 3rd grade was a crystal. No doubt at all. I would not be a bit surprised if she became a new Mother Theresa. (She was fascinated by her and read everything she could find about Mother Theresa's life too.)

She was a special little girl indeed.
post #2684 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJJJ View Post
This concept struck me. The concept that curse words lower vibrations... I have become best friends with a lady who curses like a sailor, and I, too, have become a professional cusser. I never realized how just the words can make me feel bad. But how can you cuss happily? I'm on a mission to stop cursing all together, and I am trying to get my DH on board too.
exactly! We use words that make us giggle instead - it takes the seriousness out of a situation.
post #2685 of 2914
does anyone know if there is a soundtrack available with all the music from the secret movie?
post #2686 of 2914
Did you check The Secret website? They might have music on there somewhere.
post #2687 of 2914
Has the book Illusions by Richard Bach been discussed in this thread? I read it in high school for the first time and I've probably read it once a year since (at least). Its all about LoA! Its a novel about a Messiah in the USA who decides to quit his job as the messiah, and the friendship he strikes up with another young man, teaching him about the universe. Amazing book.
post #2688 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Cups View Post
Has the book Illusions by Richard Bach been discussed in this thread? I read it in high school for the first time and I've probably read it once a year since (at least). Its all about LoA! Its a novel about a Messiah in the USA who decides to quit his job as the messiah, and the friendship he strikes up with another young man, teaching him about the universe. Amazing book.
I've not read this book, but wanted to thank you for the recommendation! Yesterday I wrote "I intend to discover a chain of wonderful books to read, and have the time to read them!" and look what we have here! Whoot! Thanks for being a messenger of the universe for me.
post #2689 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
does anyone know if there is a soundtrack available with all the music from the secret movie?
at the secret website, they have a soundtrack for sale. i'm thinking of getting one for myself. i have the audiobook, which is great, but the only thing i am missing from it is the music featured in the movie.
post #2690 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Cups View Post
Has the book Illusions by Richard Bach been discussed in this thread? I read it in high school for the first time and I've probably read it once a year since (at least). Its all about LoA! Its a novel about a Messiah in the USA who decides to quit his job as the messiah, and the friendship he strikes up with another young man, teaching him about the universe. Amazing book.
It's been mentioned, but not discussed at length (along with Richard Bach's other books). 'Illuisions' is one of my all-time favorite books. I've read it several times, but it's been a while. I think it's time...

ETA: I think it was the 'Feb LoA' thread that the Richard Bach books were discussed - not this one. I lost track of where I was.
post #2691 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJJJ View Post
Thank you for all of your advice. I knew other Secreters would be helpful! There is just so much encouragement and empathy on this thread that it is incredible! I guess what all this boils down to is that I really want to make a difference. I want to change the world for people and animals. It may sound silly, but I am so jealous of the Irwins (Croc Hunter) not because of their fame or money, but because of the wonderful impact they have made in the world. I want to do that too!
I don't think it sounds silly at all! And I think your dream, as I highlighted, is a very important one. My ds loves, and I mean s animals! There are lots of other kids out there that do, too, and they will get so much from you and your teaching. You will be the bright spot among all the other people telling them to spend all their time on math and spelling and "important" things, because you know that animals are important, that the natural world is important and that we are a part of it. imo, so many of us are so hungry for connection with nature, and you want to feed that. You go, girl!

a chant I am fond of:

Fur and feather and scale and skin
different without but the same within
many of body but one of soul
through all creatures are the gods made whole
post #2692 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Is anyone else finding that, now that the Secret has been discussed on Oprah twice, they are hearing conversations about it that are very negative, seeing it bashed on the web etc.? I'm trying to think of how to approach that. And often the people who are bashing it haven't even seen it.

I guess one could use techniques for those critical of one's parenting...pass the bean dip (change the subject) or quietly say why you like it and move on...letting go of needing other people to agree with it.

Anyone else seeing this kind of thing? Or is this just my own self doubt? Maybe it's the retrograde.
Read Joe Vitale's blog for today (Feb 20):

Is "The Secret" a Lie?

http://www.mrfire.blogspot.com/
post #2693 of 2914
wow, thank you for the link to the "the secret to you" .... what a great way to start the day!
post #2694 of 2914
From Lisa Nichols... I think she was speaking directly to me... but I thought I'd pass the message on to you.



"One of the key things that people do is that they dont ever move. They just sit and think about it and theres no magic wand, you have to be in action but really whats important is that you have to give yourself permission to fail so that you can give yourself permission to succeed. You have to know that at the end of the failure is just another beginning. If something happens and it doesnt go right, so what? Start over and do it again. They are so afraid of failing that they dont want to move, or they are afraid of succeeding. Get in action, and if it doesnt work then get in action with a new plan, but get in action!"
post #2695 of 2914
I'm *very* slowly working my way through this thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas for when you want something so much, you're scared it won't happen. Obviously the being scared part attracts that, instead of what you want so much. Just for an idea, there's someone I really want to hear from, they haven't written in over a month and before that it took 3 weeks for them to write. I'm trying to attract more/more consistant mails from this person, but my wanting it is fighting with me being scared of not getting ny more mails & (possibly) the other person's being scared to get to close to me again.

I hope this isn't as disjointed as it seems & that someone has some ideas for me.
post #2696 of 2914
I was in utter depression earlier today. I decided that I was not making dinner and I was not moving from my fetal postion off of my chair for the rest of the night.
I've been having a string of crises happen. From miscarrying-to out of control 12 year old, to the state becoming involved with my dd.....etc etc....
and I was crashing.
Somehow I made it upstairs to my computer to zone out and I found this thread.
And thank you.
After just reading what you guys have to say about the movie, I'm back on track and empowered. I didn't even realize the negativity I was drawing to myself. Even in the way I am approaching my children. They are utterly out of control-and no wonder lol. I'm expecting it, reacting to it, setting it up....now I see. And thank you.
I was wanting to just not exsist.
Now I'm excited to mediatite on peace and to do better.
I have read Excuse Me years ago, so I know the concepts. I'd just forgotten and didn't realize how far I'd fallen.
Thank you again. You've reminded me to honor my children, to honor my life and
I actually feel LIGHT inside now. I truely thank you.
post #2697 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
I'm *very* slowly working my way through this thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas for when you want something so much, you're scared it won't happen. Obviously the being scared part attracts that, instead of what you want so much. Just for an idea, there's someone I really want to hear from, they haven't written in over a month and before that it took 3 weeks for them to write. I'm trying to attract more/more consistant mails from this person, but my wanting it is fighting with me being scared of not getting ny more mails & (possibly) the other person's being scared to get to close to me again.

I hope this isn't as disjointed as it seems & that someone has some ideas for me.
Stop thinking about it for awhile. Think about other things that you feel happy and joyful about.

Abraham/Hicks say in their Law of Attraction stuff that sometimes when we really want something and we focus on it, it just reminds us that it isn't there and then we attract what we don't want. YOu have already launched your desire for this person to be in closer contact with you...so now if you focus on being happy and doing things you love, you open yourself up to letting that in and having it happen.

It is sometimes easier said than done. I usually start with Gratitude. Write what you are grateful for in your life and do it regularly. I also use music and playing with my children to bring me back to a place of joy.
post #2698 of 2914
jillkuster

I'm so glad you found value here. I believe the reason most of us come here is to stay focused on the Law of Attraction and be uplifted by sharing with one another. Many of us have spent years unconcsciously creating....so it takes a bit of practice and constant reminders and help to consciously create. Welcome.
post #2699 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
I'm *very* slowly working my way through this thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas for when you want something so much, you're scared it won't happen. Obviously the being scared part attracts that, instead of what you want so much. Just for an idea, there's someone I really want to hear from, they haven't written in over a month and before that it took 3 weeks for them to write. I'm trying to attract more/more consistant mails from this person, but my wanting it is fighting with me being scared of not getting ny more mails & (possibly) the other person's being scared to get to close to me again.

I hope this isn't as disjointed as it seems & that someone has some ideas for me.
Figure out why you want it so much. What end result does it bring you? A feeling of being loved? A feeling of closeness?

Whatever it is that the person's contacts give you.... focus on having THAT... don't limit the Universe to only providing it through ONE SINGLE person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillkuster View Post
I was in utter depression earlier today. I decided that I was not making dinner and I was not moving from my fetal postion off of my chair for the rest of the night.
I've been having a string of crises happen. From miscarrying-to out of control 12 year old, to the state becoming involved with my dd.....etc etc....
and I was crashing.
Somehow I made it upstairs to my computer to zone out and I found this thread.
And thank you.
After just reading what you guys have to say about the movie, I'm back on track and empowered. I didn't even realize the negativity I was drawing to myself. Even in the way I am approaching my children. They are utterly out of control-and no wonder lol. I'm expecting it, reacting to it, setting it up....now I see. And thank you.
I was wanting to just not exsist.
Now I'm excited to mediatite on peace and to do better.
I have read Excuse Me years ago, so I know the concepts. I'd just forgotten and didn't realize how far I'd fallen.
Thank you again. You've reminded me to honor my children, to honor my life and
I actually feel LIGHT inside now. I truely thank you.
Thank yourself. You're the one who manifested finding this thread...
post #2700 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillkuster View Post
I was in utter depression earlier today. I decided that I was not making dinner and I was not moving from my fetal postion off of my chair for the rest of the night.
I've been having a string of crises happen. From miscarrying-to out of control 12 year old, to the state becoming involved with my dd.....etc etc....
and I was crashing.
Somehow I made it upstairs to my computer to zone out and I found this thread.
And thank you.
After just reading what you guys have to say about the movie, I'm back on track and empowered. I didn't even realize the negativity I was drawing to myself. Even in the way I am approaching my children. They are utterly out of control-and no wonder lol. I'm expecting it, reacting to it, setting it up....now I see. And thank you.
I was wanting to just not exsist.
Now I'm excited to mediatite on peace and to do better.
I have read Excuse Me years ago, so I know the concepts. I'd just forgotten and didn't realize how far I'd fallen.
Thank you again. You've reminded me to honor my children, to honor my life and
I actually feel LIGHT inside now. I truely thank you.
How wonderful that you got yourself here!

have you watched "The Secret"? It is such an excellent, excellent resource...we would ALL highly recommend it if you haven't
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?