or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 143

post #2841 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
My mil just bought the book and read it on the drive to FL. Maybe when she's ready I'll lend her my dvd.

I need to feel better. What direction do I take toward healing? Just general cold/cough/mucus-ness..... any affirmations out there?
try this place. very cool
http://www.orindaben.com/db/dbaffirm/affirmations.php
post #2842 of 2914
Long time, no update, or even a chance to read posts! Since getting my dream job 2 weeks ago as a veterinary assistant, I am feeling alone, unsure, and very much not at ease. To make a long story short, I am mainly an assistant in surgery, monitering and adjusting anestethic is my main job, and it scares me to death. The people whom I am working for are very difficult people, and everyone in the office tells me they are short, rude at times, and it doesn't get any better. I have come home crying so many times because my feelings have been hurt. They say I am doing a good job, but they make me feel so stupid and incompetent. I am never sure if I am 'thisclose' to getting fired because they seem so unhappy with me at times. If I ask the dr a question that he feels I should know the answer to, he shakes his head and sighs, or tells me "havent you seen this before? what do you think?".

Yesterday I was trying to wrestle a dog (who weighes more than I do) and I was having a very hard time. I had left the door open assuming it would take only seconds to put the dog in the kennel, but I was wrong. As I was yelling and wrestling this dog, and he was barking and jumping at me, my boss screamed at me from the other room to shut the door, then a second later came in and slammed the door in my face. The other lady who has worked there for years shook her head at me and rolled her eyes, she has said to let it all roll off my back, but it totally hurts my feelings. I'm not used to being treated like dirt. I drove home, crying my eyes out.

They have said that I am too polite and nice. I need to not worry about offending people and try not to get offended myself. But thats just who I am. I get my feelings hurt easily. I cry easily.

I have tried to quit, and it seems like there are things telling me not to. I came to my boss with tears in my eyes last week, and asked to speak to him privately. He said he didnt have time (but he wasnt doing anything?) and I managed to have a pretty good day. Later on he called me into his office and said I was doing well, I just needed to stop being sensetive and overly polite.

There have been other things in which I have tried to go after that photography job. The lady never got my interview cancellation email, and the day that I was suposed to have my interview, the lady called and said she was sick, and gave me a number to call her back. That number doesn't work. I sent her an email, but apparently I sent it to the wrong place. The day I was going to go to the portrait studio and ask the employees for her number, I ended up working through lunch. And I just feel like I dont want to quit. I cry just thinking about it. But I am also so sick of feeling insecure, and so tired of these difficult and demanding people hurting my feelings all the time. I honestly do not know from one moment to the next if they will be pleased with me, or think I am stupid and incompetent.

Everyone is telling me to toughen up. My boss has told me I need tougher skin. I just want them to be nicer to me, but thats just how they are, with everyone. I feel like my dream is falling apart, and I am falling apart in the process. It feels like a cruel joke to finally get the job I have always wanted, but to be put in a position that scares me to death because the animal's life is literally in my hands, and my bosses are jerks the majority of the time. What could be the reasoning for this? What, if anything, am I suposed to learn from this? My job doesn't seem like such a blessing anymore.
post #2843 of 2914
MPJJJ

I disagree that you need to toughen up. The world has enough people who are calloused. Being compassionate, kind and polite are positive attributes and will get you more of what you want in life.

When I read what you wrote, it seems like you *want* to keep the job...but would like to be treated better. Perhaps you could focus on attracting this type of job, but this time, with people that are respectful and kind. I keep hearing in my head, Abraham/Hicks when they say....when we are in the contrast and know what we *DON'T* want...it is easier to manifest what we *DO* want.

It's also important to check in with what you are feeling regarding staying there. Is it because there is something you need/want to learn, do you feel a scarcity about other jobs or opportunities, or do you want to stay because of a *should*? I'd check in with that so you are clear about your intentions and then can follow through accordingly.

If you decide you are staying because you want to, is there a way you could feel better about what you're doing regardless of what they say or do? Could you play 'what if' and realize that if you did get fired, it would be a blessing too? Could you go to work realizing that they are not being ugly to you because of YOU, but because they are feeling that way about themselves and don't know any better? That might allow you to get some more experience under your belt before your new job or whatever you want appears?

There is a reason it's working out this way...just remember that there are a ca-zillion other opportunities out there for you to create and choose at any time. You cannot change other people, but you can change what you do for yourself. Whatever you figure out or decide is best for you....be happy.
post #2844 of 2914
Oh, and MPJJJ....

If you x-post to the weekly LOA thread you will get a lot more responses. We've all sort of moved into the weekly thread and this one doesn't get as much attention anymore. It's all the same ol' folks...just chatting up the law of attraction/secret/other related stuff more often!
post #2845 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJJJ View Post
Long time, no update, or even a chance to read posts! Since getting my dream job 2 weeks ago as a veterinary assistant, I am feeling alone, unsure, and very much not at ease.

...snip...
Dear, if it doesn't feel good, don't do it.

There is no test. This is not a "let's see how much she can take" test.

Go to your boss, tell him that you're not able to handle the hostile work environment that they perpetuate, and you'll need to be going.

What they're doing is illegal, and it's illegal for a reason. Do you understand that?

God doesn't want unhappiness for you.

Maybe the reason you needed this job WAS to find out that your dream job... wasn't.

Know what I mean?
post #2846 of 2914
MPJJJ, It seems like the more I learn to love and bless myself, the less other people get to me.

I suggest working on loving and blessing yourself throughout your day. Bless your choices (including your job).

People don't need to change for us. But we do teach them how to treat us, remember.

And we get to pick where we want to be. If you don't want to deal with the people at work, quit. But don't think you have to stay to prove you can put up with it (been there in my working days).

See what happens when you make it your mission to LOVE YOURSELF! Miracles!
post #2847 of 2914
Quote:
I disagree that you need to toughen up. The world has enough people who are calloused. Being compassionate, kind and polite are positive attributes and will get you more of what you want in life.
Quote:
I suggest working on loving and blessing yourself throughout your day. Bless your choices (including your job).

People don't need to change for us. But we do teach them how to treat us, remember.
Yes to all of that! I think being polite and kind is a wonderful thing, and you should continue to meet these people with love. But I think most importantly, you should give that love to yourself.

I have a suggestion for you... Before you go back into work again, take some time to look at the positive aspects of all the elements here. Write a name at the top of a piece of paper and put down everything you can think of positive about the person you are focusing on, and repeat this process for yourself and everyone you work with. Do a page for the actual job as well. **Make sure you do one for yourself!!** This can really help to bring you into alignment with the good of the situation, which will only attract more good!

Quote:
It's also important to check in with what you are feeling regarding staying there. Is it because there is something you need/want to learn, do you feel a scarcity about other jobs or opportunities, or do you want to stay because of a *should*? I'd check in with that so you are clear about your intentions and then can follow through accordingly.
All that, too.

It will all work at for your higher good!
post #2848 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Oh, and MPJJJ....

If you x-post to the weekly LOA thread you will get a lot more responses. We've all sort of moved into the weekly thread and this one doesn't get as much attention anymore. It's all the same ol' folks...just chatting up the law of attraction/secret/other related stuff more often!
Thank you for all the responses, and thank you for the suggestion to xpost. I havent been online in so long I dont know what is going on anymore! No time! I love my job because I enjoy working with people and their animals, and I do enjoy surgery, but I feel a lot of intense pressure there. Jobs are scarce, and there are no schools locally that will be teaching me what I am learning here. I need to stay for the experience alone, it will aid me through out the rest of my life. I just want to be treated better, or at least be able to put myself in the state of mind that I can do what the other employees have learned to do: roll their eyes and brush it off.
post #2849 of 2914
MPJJJ, What's helpful for me sometimes is to imagine what advice I'd give someone else in my shoes. So imagine your sons are adults and working in a job situation like yours. What would your advice be?

How many times have you watched the part of The Secret about the gay man that kept getting picked on?

You don't NEED to stay at your job...

What do you WANT? Say it, write it, visual it.

Do you want to learn to roll your eyes at people or do you want to see the love in everyone? What inspires you?
post #2850 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMN View Post

What do you WANT? Say it, write it, visual it.

Do you want to learn to roll your eyes at people or do you want to see the love in everyone? What inspires you?
This is the most perfect question. I know you weren't specifically talking to me in this instance, but this sentence is such perfection.

I want to see the love in everyone. Especially in my husband. ESPECIALLY HIM, because he really IS SO full of LOVE. For me, for my son, for humanity. He is so gentle and has such compassion and understanding. I love him SO much, and yet UNTIL NOW I've been SO hard on him. I'm sort of hyper critical by nature (Virgo) and I really don't mean to be - what I mean to be is helpful. But the way I say things, the way it comes across instead of being helpful, it comes across as critical.

Example: "You forgot to paint this spot," or "You forgot to take out the food bin," (to the compost). I know there is a much more pleasant way to phrase these things, yet my automatic default UNTIL NOW has been to say them this way. I could say, "Hey, you're doing a wonderful job, thank you so much for doing all of this work!" I could just say that. And then I could make a request, without expectation.

Yeah. I could do that. Practice honouring him.
post #2851 of 2914
I'm still trying to figure out what I want, who I am really, apart from being a mom.

Any suggestions on how I can do this? Because I have no idea what the answers are.
post #2852 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk4two View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what I want, who I am really, apart from being a mom.

Any suggestions on how I can do this? Because I have no idea what the answers are.
Yes! Read the book Wishcraft by Barbara Sher. It's been really helpful for me to do the exercises in the book. I am feeling very confident and secure about my interests and wants now (and I'm not even done with the book now). This totally ties into The Secret.
post #2853 of 2914
Thank you!
post #2854 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMN View Post
Yes! Read the book Wishcraft by Barbara Sher. It's been really helpful for me to do the exercises in the book. I am feeling very confident and secure about my interests and wants now (and I'm not even done with the book now). This totally ties into The Secret.
You can read the book free here:

http://www.wishcraft.com/
post #2855 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk4two View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what I want, who I am really, apart from being a mom.

Any suggestions on how I can do this? Because I have no idea what the answers are.
I've also had some success just writing an entire page or two of things that I love, things that inspire me, hobbies, etc. etc. It's amazing sometimes when you step back and look at it all together how sometimes a new career seems to be staring at you.
post #2856 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk4two View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what I want, who I am really, apart from being a mom.

Any suggestions on how I can do this? Because I have no idea what the answers are.
Read the book Mojo Mom. You'll love it!
Here's an article I wrote about it:
http://www.naturallywahms.com/2006/11/

post #2857 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I've also had some success just writing an entire page or two of things that I love, things that inspire me, hobbies, etc. etc. It's amazing sometimes when you step back and look at it all together how sometimes a new career seems to be staring at you.
It doesn't have to be a career either, if that's not what you want. I'm a SAHM who will eventually run my own business (a shop?) with my two homeunschooling kids. What was helpful was to see how I truly would like to spend my time all day long right now.

I like the idea of writing in your list things that inspire you.

I think sometimes people get mental blocks as to what they love because early on they learned that those things aren't important or whatever. Sometimes it takes some assignments to do some digging.

One Wishcraft assignment is to walk around your house like a stranger, as a detective with a notepad and write about what type of person you think lives in the house. Look in the closet, at the art work, the colors, the furniture, the level of organization etc.
post #2858 of 2914
Terri, I really liked your article. The book is now on my list to seek out through our library network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMN View Post
It doesn't have to be a career either, if that's not what you want. I'm a SAHM who will eventually run my own business (a shop?) with my two homeunschooling kids. What was helpful was to see how I truly would like to spend my time all day long right now.
Thank you for this. I'm a SAHM right now, and yesterday I spent the day babysitting for friends who both work full time. It was a pleasant day, their daughter is a sweetie and she and ds love each other... but just the getting up and out first thing and driving in traffic and.... boy, I do NOT miss any of that! I was thinking I don't really ever want to have another job, iykwim. I have my own work I can do at home that is starting to take shape, but it doesn't require driving in rush hour or being on someone else's schedule all day long...

I've spent too much of my life (up until now!) wondering what I wanted to do, and dismissing lots of things that interested me by saying "But you can't make any money at that!" and thinking in various ways that I had to do what someone else would approve of... it wasn't always clear in my own mind. And things like, when I was still a teen, I thought I didn't want to be an artist of any sort (I do love to write) because I didn't want my income dependent on anybody's opinion of me. but that's kind of true of any job, ain't it?

gtg, toddler needs diaper change and food.... I do sort of live on somebody else's schedule after all...
post #2859 of 2914
I appreciate the input. I am looking forward to finding myself again.
post #2860 of 2914

I'm so happy and grateful now that…

Has anyone done this assignment yet? I just did, below. Wow, I'm excited and grateful!

I'm so happy and grateful now that…

…I have daily continuous 1-hour morning walks with Dh.

…I have daily 1-hour blocks-of-time for working out (rotating between weights and stretching/calisthenics/palates/dancing).

…I have one night a week to go out on my own, and everyone else is happy while I'm gone.

...I have plenty of time for food prep and cooking so that…

…My family and I eat two homemade healthy, hardy, meals a day.

…I pick up and clean my house daily with ease.

…Dd1 is involved in classes and activities she loves, and is making many friends that live nearby.

…Dd1 and Dd2 enjoy playing near me while I work on my projects (knit, sew, read, computer, write, chores, cook, garden, exercise).

…I have my website up-to-date and can work on it an hour or two a week.

…I know how to knit and sew with ease.

…I have plenty of time to read books and read/write on the computer.

…I know how to have a beautiful food garden and work on it daily—the kids help or play nearby.

…We have a almost-new tent trailer parked in our driveway that we take out every other weekend for camping trips with our friends.

…We have 3 families within a block from us whose kids are great friends with ours, and the adults are relaxed with one another, getting together for daytime chats, couples cards and family fires. Also, my kids are okay staying with them when I want to make an errand, etc.

...We go on hikes through the woods every weekend with ease.

…The girls and I hang out at the lake and parks during the day where they have friends and I have adults to talk to if I desire (or else work on my projects).

…We have friends of all ages, even an adoptive mom and grandparents.

…We have a routine that everyone loves following. Bedtime is a snap!

…Dd1 loves to comb her own hair thoroughly two times a day.

…We go on two family vacations a year, relaxing and fun for all (paid in cash).

…We live in the house I designed (with help from a designer) on a huge lake, walking distance to town and shops.

…Our house if fully paid for.

…We own a second small cottage in a warm village/town on the water.

…We have two boats—one at each home.

…We have two hybrid vehicles, one a car and the other a van

…I own a part-time business that the kids participate with me.

…All four of us love our lives!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?