or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 144

post #2861 of 2914
I just noticed that the word

Secret

and the word

Sacred

are very similar. In fact when Rhonda Byrne pronounces "secret" it sounds like "sacred" to my American ears.

They must be from the same root word.
post #2862 of 2914
Bob Proctor will be on Nightline tonight.

11:35 PM Eastern in the USA, on ABC

transcript already is up
http://www.abcnews.go.com/images/Nig...Transcript.pdf
post #2863 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Thanks! I read the whole thing. Cynthia McFadden mostly talked about what the critics are saying. The last 3 pages pretty much summed it up for me, really.
post #2864 of 2914
Thread Starter 
Has anyone listened to the Debbie Ford on Hay House? There is a podcast she has entitled "What to do when the Law of Attraction is not working."

very interesting..anyone feeling any bumps.. may want to give it a listen.

post #2865 of 2914
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Bob Proctor will be on Nightline tonight.

11:35 PM Eastern in the USA, on ABC

transcript already is up
http://www.abcnews.go.com/images/Nig...Transcript.pdf


thank you. very interesting.
post #2866 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
I just noticed that the word

Secret

and the word

Sacred

are very similar. In fact when Rhonda Byrne pronounces "secret" it sounds like "sacred" to my American ears.

They must be from the same root word.
They're not and that's kind of a bummer because it would be so cool!
"Secret" is from the Latin secretus which comes from the word that means 'to separate' or 'set apart'; "sacred" is from the Latin word for sacred: sacrare.
post #2867 of 2914
But, from a non-linguist's pov, doesn't sacred mean set apart? Definition from Answers.com I know the caveat is that it's something set apart for diety, but couldn't a stretch make them related?

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program (and I realized I haven't kept up with this thread at all ... I have a hard enough time with the weekly thread ).
post #2868 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
But, from a non-linguist's pov, doesn't sacred mean set apart? Definition from Answers.com I know the caveat is that it's something set apart for diety, but couldn't a stretch make them related?

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program (and I realized I haven't kept up with this thread at all ... I have a hard enough time with the weekly thread ).
I did think about that, but you know there's safety in numbers and I didn't want to make that leap without some comraderie to shield me... and you know...the more I think about it, I think there is a more common thread than I can remember....time to but out the ol' Latin dictionary and take a look see....maybe we are still on to something here girls....
post #2869 of 2914
Just wanted to add my voice here, I've been here for months lurking, and learning. Got the secret DVD and book, and have been amazed. It's something that I think I've known on some level forever, but never been able to get it to the surface. I think I'm a pro at the negative side of manifestation So now I'm learning how to manifest positive things for myself, and my family.

Just wanted to say thank you to all for this amazing knowledge.
post #2870 of 2914
Welcome Pfeiff, and check out the weekly Manifesting Mamas threads too if you like!
post #2871 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Has anyone listened to the Debbie Ford on Hay House? There is a podcast she has entitled "What to do when the Law of Attraction is not working."

very interesting..anyone feeling any bumps.. may want to give it a listen.

Tracy: i am looking on Hay house and i signed up for a membership, but cant figure out how to find the show you mentioned. Can you direct me to the page? or should i look in my iTunes Podcast directory?

Thanks
post #2872 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
Tracy: i am looking on Hay house and i signed up for a membership, but cant figure out how to find the show you mentioned. Can you direct me to the page? or should i look in my iTunes Podcast directory?

Thanks
After you sign-in with your username and password, click on the side under "Archived Hosts". Scroll down until you see Debbie Ford (it's alphabetized by last name), and then you want her show from March 1st: The Missing Piece: What To Do When the Law of Attraction Isn't Working.
post #2873 of 2914
thanks, MLW! Just what I wanted to know!
post #2874 of 2914
can anyone sum up the podcast? i cant listen (have internet access at the library only)

thanks!
post #2875 of 2914
I decided to not listen or read anything that isn't 100 percent for The Secret/LoA.

I found Debbie Ford's podcast thingy not really in line with what I think. (Would she be out of business if everyone believed in the LoA--that's what I was wondering.)

I just found out James Ray is having a free seminar here in Minneapolis tonight. That would have been cool to go to.
http://jamesray.com/events/free-seminars.php

I need to find the other Secret threads in here to see what's going on in them too...
post #2876 of 2914
Dude I would have love to go. I think he is cuuuuuuuutttttttteeeeee.
post #2877 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMN View Post
I just found out James Ray is having a free seminar here in Minneapolis tonight. That would have been cool to go to.
http://jamesray.com/events/free-seminars.php

I need to find the other Secret threads in here to see what's going on in them too...
My boyfriend, James Ray?!?!?
(that's how I refer to him in our weekly loa threads)

I wonder if I could fly to Minneapolis tonight???
post #2878 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovum View Post
The book the Secret is not good to have around. It's message is Evil. Don't let it reel you in.
But the DVD is okay?

I have both! :
post #2879 of 2914
***
post #2880 of 2914

180 degree turn-around

..Back to joyfulness and bliss...

I truly am more at peace and accepting of myself and my life than I ever have been. I'm grateful for my children, my husband, my home, my friends, my city and state, and on and on.

Are people on this thread, the believers in LoA, posting on other threads? If so, which ones?

It's all good!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?