or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Secret---- anyone seen it? - Page 146

post #2901 of 2914
Altough I found the basic of the movie interesting, I was really put off by the people who are like "I live in a $5 million mansion, I drive an expensive car..." and "Go ahead, picture yourself in you brand new car!" It's BS. Why not picture our troops coming home, a world without hunger and greed, and a healthy planet?
post #2902 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfine View Post
Altough I found the basic of the movie interesting, I was really put off by the people who are like "I live in a $5 million mansion, I drive an expensive car..." and "Go ahead, picture yourself in you brand new car!" It's BS. Why not picture our troops coming home, a world without hunger and greed, and a healthy planet?
Please do think about those things, the world needs you to! Think about how often each day people actually spend thinking about bringing our troops home, ending hunger, etc...Sadly, not enough.

I think the whole basis of this is that every action begins with a thought. If you don't take the time to really think about what you want, you will never get it. It doesn't have to be money and cars and homes...it can be things of global importance as well. If you visualize that you want to end world hunger, the next step is moving on to how you can make that happen. And any one thing you do makes the world a better place.

I've been doing positive visualization since January, and it's made a big difference in my life. It hasn't made things perfect, but it's probably changed how I've dealt with the setbacks, and how much I've appreciated all the gifts that I'm given each day.
post #2903 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskye View Post
Please do think about those things, the world needs you to! Think about how often each day people actually spend thinking about bringing our troops home, ending hunger, etc...Sadly, not enough.

I think the whole basis of this is that every action begins with a thought. If you don't take the time to really think about what you want, you will never get it. It doesn't have to be money and cars and homes...it can be things of global importance as well. If you visualize that you want to end world hunger, the next step is moving on to how you can make that happen. And any one thing you do makes the world a better place.

I've been doing positive visualization since January, and it's made a big difference in my life. It hasn't made things perfect, but it's probably changed how I've dealt with the setbacks, and how much I've appreciated all the gifts that I'm given each day.



I've talked to several ppl who feel that way about the film. They were turned off over the whole "material possesions" aspect and at first I was too. But, I started to see past that and realize that they were just making a point and put my energy into the things I wanted instead of being caught up with it because I truely believe in the LOA. I would recommend reading the book to anyone who feels that way about the film.
post #2904 of 2914
After watching 'The Secret' and really liking it, mostly because I want to be able to give my kids a lot more than a cramped apartment and 2 hour bus trips (each way) to do anything and reading these threads for awhile, I discovered 'Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting' by Lynn Grabhorn. After reading that few times, doing some work on the playbook she wrote to go with it, as well as reading another of her books "Beyond the 12 Steps" (even though I'm not a 12-stepper), I have to say that I find 'The Secret' very superficial. That's not necessarily a bad thing, if they gave other places to get more information, but except for the website, there isn't really any thing to encourage people to get into the more mental/spiritual aspects of it.

It is about far more than 'positive thinking'. It can really change your life, but you have to be willing to do a lot of work, which the movie doesn't even begin to address, imo.
post #2905 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
It can really change your life, but you have to be willing to do a lot of work, which the movie doesn't even begin to address, imo.
I pretty much agree with this. It is much more involved than the movie leads you to assume. However, there is something to be said about changing our beliefs, because if we believe LoA only works with a lot of hard effort, we are right. If we reprogram to believe that LoA works easily with little effort, we are right.
post #2906 of 2914
The Secret was really the stepping off point for me to find all sorts of other books, speakers, CD's, etc. about the law of attraction and more detailed information about how it really works. For that, I am grateful.
post #2907 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
The Secret was really the stepping off point for me to find all sorts of other books, speakers, CD's, etc. about the law of attraction and more detailed information about how it really works. For that, I am grateful.
post #2908 of 2914

How?

I love the Secret. I have been raised a negative person though, and I think if I keep it up long enough, I can change that. I think I need to "tip the scales" so that positive thinking is my default.

But I fall down alot.

I am having a really hard time getting back up this time. I need to know how you keep yourself on the positive end of life instead of letting negativity spiral you down into a pit?

I am thinking I need something like a "daily devotional."

Jenny
post #2909 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I am thinking I need something like a "daily devotional."
I love these Notes from the Universe that come Monday through Friday.

And here you can get daily quotes from Abraham.

Hope this is what you're looking for!
post #2910 of 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I love the Secret. I have been raised a negative person though, and I think if I keep it up long enough, I can change that. I think I need to "tip the scales" so that positive thinking is my default.

But I fall down alot.

I am having a really hard time getting back up this time. I need to know how you keep yourself on the positive end of life instead of letting negativity spiral you down into a pit?

I am thinking I need something like a "daily devotional."

Jenny
I am traveling so I can't give you a full answer, but one approach is to choose the better-feeling thought... not always the best thought you've ever ever thought, but the best-feeling thought you have access to right now. That way step by step you move back up to positivity. And you did it deliberately, so you are empowered by knowing you can do that again anytime.
post #2911 of 2914
I really liked it. I saw it last year and it made sense as I was already into Esther Hicks' stuff. I had also jsut read Think and Grow Rich (fabulous for explaining how to raise the frequencies-it's kind of hte next step I feel, to LoA)

I understand some of the negative comments, I do. I think the point is that you get what you are attracting, it's not a fault thing but a lesson on how to get in touch with the universe to access everything it has to offer. It really is a back to basics lesson. I believe that this is how we were meant to live and we have just gotten too far away.
post #2912 of 2914
Does anyone have experience with depression/Mental Illness and LOA?

I agree firefaery-I read the Bible, (my spiritual book) and LOA is all over the thing! It is the way my God meant for me to live, I do belive it goes along with other ones as well, or just awesome by itself!
post #2913 of 2914
So I've seen my thought patterns manifest in negative and positive ways recently. I'm not going to talk about the negative. I don't want to give it any more energy. I manifested a new to me computer, I'd been using my sister's/mother's up until now. I also just received an iPod Nano. It would not have been in my budget to buy one. My sister bought a new computer and it came with a free iPod. Since she has a MP3 player she loves, she gave it to me... and the old computer. I'm feeling more at peace and I think that is helping. One of my big focuses right now is increasing my income. I work in a restaurant for tips, so it's a daily focus. I also recieve a monthly commision, so I have more then one stream of income. I ultimately want to be self employed as an artist. Since my kids I have found little time to pursue this. I am making my art a priority again. I hear this voice, it says, "Christine, paint this." I think it's the universe giving me a little nudge. To get all the things I want I have to follow my passion.

I second the Notes from the Universe. They are usually just what I need.
post #2914 of 2914
Sounds great, Christine! You've got all your ducks in a row, so to speak!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › The Secret---- anyone seen it?