music for your kids?
what do your little ones like to listen to? my daughter wore out our copy of iron and wine's creek drank the cradle. one of the songs has the f word in it, but it's a great album for napping. she likes most of what we play for her, although i think she's got a twang/folky side to her as she seems to really like the carter family, johnny cash, gillian welch, bob dylan etc. but she'll rock out to the stooges, gang of 4, bad brains, etc.
i did make a lullabye mix cd for her, and she seems programmed to go to sleep once i start playing it. as a matter of fact, i played it this morning just to get the playlist to post here, and as soon as it started, cadence turned to me and said, 'to the bed?' so she's napping now!
anyhoo, here's our lullabye cd:
- i’m in love with a girl (big star)
- promising (wilco—from chelsea walls soundtrack)
- bird stealing bread (iron and wine)
- love songs on the radio (mojave 3)
- birds and ships (natalie merchant—from mermaid ave by billy bragg & wilco)
- songbird (denison witmer—fleetwood mac cover)
- healing time (denison witmer)
- by the mark (gillian welch)
- dear someone (gillian welch)
- one little song (gillian welch)
- mansion on the hill (bruce springsteen)
- softly and tenderly (from chelsea walls soundtrack)
- nothing is over, not yet (clem snide)
- ghost of david (damien jurado)
- radiator (ida)
- summer on the westhill (kings of convenience)
- yer feet (mojave 3)
- high hopes (neil halsted)
- place to be (nick drake)
- things behind the sun (nick drake)
- brown eyes (red house painters)
- october (rosie thomas)
- you and me (rosie thomas)
- someone else’s song (wilco)
anybody else have a good playlist? maybe a fun rockin' one?