This morning my 2.5 yo son starting complaining his right ear hurt (something he's NEVER done before). I took him to our doctor who says he's got a "slightly red" ear. He says it's a mild infection. We're leaving for vacation (on a ten hour international flight) a week from today. Doctor really wants him on Augmenten to get rid of the infection as fast as possible so it doesn't get worse for our trip. I'm worried about such a strong antibiotic and using one at all for an ear infection. But I'm also concerned that if I wait and treat with herbs/homeopathic it may be lingering or getting worse just as we have to travel. He's had only one other ear infection - about a year ago - it lasted for 6 weeks while I treated it herbally and homeopathicly with everything under the moon. It kept getting worse and worse and finally was treated with Augmenten after 2 months. I need advice....
post #1 of 15
3/12/03 at 6:20pm