or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sunflower Brownies

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
So I tried making them and used the same amount of cocoa as carob and they were not very good. But the consistency was good and I think they would taste great if I got it right. Any help would be great!!! :
post #2 of 8
Using straight cocoa would produce a slightly bitter, drier brownie. I would stick to carob. Or a combo of the two.
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain mom
Using straight cocoa would produce a slightly bitter, drier brownie. I would stick to carob. Or a combo of the two.
Okay, I'll get some carob!! Thank you!!!
post #4 of 8
Not a huge fan of carob here. What is the point of using it versus cocoa? Or baking chocolate? Or some really good organic chocolate?
post #5 of 8
Carob is a bowel conditioner. I like to use it because it has no caffiene.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain mom
Carob is a bowel conditioner. I like to use it because it has no caffiene.
Oh I never realized the benefits!! I'll definitely try it now!!
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmommy
Not a huge fan of carob here. What is the point of using it versus cocoa? Or baking chocolate? Or some really good organic chocolate?
Carob is loaded with calcium--3x more than bm. Plus it's naturally sweet so you don't need to add a lot of sweetener to a recipe using carob. The high-energy protein bar recipe I posted in the NT thread uses 1 tbs of sweetener for 20-25 bars. Also alot (but not all) of chocolate on the market today contains significant amounts of lead. Doesn't matter if it's organic, fair-trade etc. lead has been showing up in large amounts in chocolate/cocoa etc. If you view carob as a choc. substitute you're gonna be disappointed but if you view it as a flavor of its own...yum. HTH
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Okay... I've got a batch in the oven right now. They should be ready in a couple hours. The suspense is killing me..... I used carob this time and I am anxious to see if they turn out this time.
Does anyone do variations to them????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Traditional Foods