Being as this is MDC and all there have to be a few of us planning to birth at home. Come on in and introduce yourselves and let's chat!
post #1 of 175
6/29/06 at 9:16pm
Originally Posted by Astromom
...but when she told me her price and I said "Oh, that's more than I expected because another midwife quoted about 1000$ less than that a few months ago," she replied by telling me I was irresponsible for having a child without thinking about the cost. :
Originally Posted by tika
I would base my decision on two important things:
1) Who do you feel most comfortable with?
2) Who do you think will give you the birth that you want? What kind of interventions are you willing or not willing to accept and who is likely to be more comfortable with your decisions and not pressure you?
Yes, definitely ask them how they feel about postdates.
Another suggestion, perhaps you could "pad" your due date a little bit to give you more time without having pressure? Perhaps by only a day or a few days.
As for me, I really don't have many options if I want an HBAC. I have one midwife option or to go unassisted if I want a home birth and to avoid another unnecessary cesarean. I wish I had several to choose from! You are so fortunate.
Originally Posted by paisley
WHAT??? Nevermind what I said before about meeting her in person! And hello, doesn't the fact that you got quotes from other MWs show that you have been thinking this out?
Your SIL sounds like an awesome resource. I would be thinking that UC looked really good in your situation.
Oh and where were you in CA? I'm on the central cost.
Originally Posted by kdf
But the clinic told me that I should start prenatal care with a dr. I am not doing that b/c I refuse to have a dr or the baby in the hospital. I will have to figure something out if that is the case.