or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Countdown to Project Runway!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Countdown to Project Runway! - Page 7

post #121 of 739
I'm so glad that Michael finally won a challenge! His stuff has been so consistently good. I like his attitude also.

And as usual, Kayne's dress was sooooo beautiful.

I am predicting Kayne, Michael and Uli for the finalists....maybe
post #122 of 739
Thread Starter 
very happy to see more of Michael, and that he won, too! I'll make final four predictions-those mentioned above, and Laura. I think it would be between Laura and Kayne for the final 3 spot.

does anyone else crack up at the PR commercials where Heidi lets out that bizarre little cackle?
post #123 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by mata
very happy to see more of Michael, and that he won, too! I agree about those three being in the top four-and I think Laura might be the 4th.

does anyone else crack up at the PR commercials where Heidi lets out that bizarre little cackle?
Oh yea, she's always soo SHRILL!
post #124 of 739
Thread Starter 


THAT'S the word I was looking for-shrill! eeek!
post #125 of 739
i missed last night :cry
post #126 of 739
I liked all three of the top designs last night (Angela, Kayne, and Michael).

I did not like the bottom three - I actually throught Kenneth (the twiggy outfit) was just plain awful. Everything he makes has goofy pockets and messed up sleeves. I don't see Kenneth lasting too many more challenges. Bradley's was really terrible too - I think it was much more poorly made than showed up on camera - and the tinfoil shirt was weird. The Jackie-O outfit was ok. I didn't understand why he switched from the blue suit material he originally bought to frumpy dumpy wrinkled linen.

To the PP - Bravo shows reruns all week, and this week's show will also be shown right before the new episode next week. I hate missing a week. I was on vacation for 3 weeks and had to come home and catch all the reruns.
post #127 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama
I'm so glad that Michael finally won a challenge! His stuff has been so consistently good. I like his attitude also.

And as usual, Kayne's dress was sooooo beautiful.

I am predicting Kayne, Michael and Uli for the finalists....maybe


Captain Save-A-Ho. :

I would love to see a different design from Uli. Her use of color and pattern is fab, but feel it's all based around the SAME main design.
post #128 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danelle78


Captain Save-A-Ho. :

I would love to see a different design from Uli. Her use of color and pattern is fab, but feel it's all based around the SAME main design.

I totally agree with you on Uli's designs. I remember thinking, another halter style dress? But the patterns are sooooo nice, it just works.

I must have missed the Captain Save a Ho thing.....?

But I didn't miss the cackling laugh Heidi! Whoa! That cracked me up too
post #129 of 739
Someone else laughed at Captain Save-a-ho? I nearly pee'd myself. That was priceless!

And yeah, WHY wasn't the Jackie-O outfit made from that gorgeous Tiffany blue fabric? That would have been so beautiful!
post #130 of 739
Thread Starter 
I caught Captain Save-a-Ho (Michael speaking up in defense of Angela after Jeffrey reamed her-then he said "not that I'm captain save a ho or anything )

but I missed Robert's first fabric choice-I hope he pulls it together next week, he's really getting beaten up!
post #131 of 739
Jefferey is so mysoginistic and no one is calling him on it... first the feminazi comment and then this episode he was saying some nasty things about Laura I think in the kitchen - I'll have to watch it again. Vincent looked a little uncomfortable when they flashed to him laying on the bed - but no one said anything.
post #132 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama
Jefferey is so mysoginistic and no one is calling him on it... first the feminazi comment and then this episode he was saying some nasty things about Laura I think in the kitchen - I'll have to watch it again. Vincent looked a little uncomfortable when they flashed to him laying on the bed - but no one said anything.
That is sooooo true. I think that's what made me like Michael even more this week, b/c he was calling Jefferey out on his crap.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mata
I caught Captain Save-a-Ho (Michael speaking up in defense of Angela after Jeffrey reamed her-then he said "not that I'm captain save a ho or anything )
And thanks for clearing that up. I didnt quite catch that part. Too funny.
post #133 of 739
I agree that Uli will make the final 3. I also think Kayne and Michael and Laura are good bets and ... Bradley was overdue ro be auf'd... sweet but in way over his head.

I am really enjoying this season -- more than last season.

And I have become totally infatuatued with Heidi. I too love her cackle. She is just so confident and sassy and gorgeous. I am so not usually into "model" like beauty -- but she has really won me over.

I think Robert's and Vincent's days are numbered too ...
post #134 of 739

Lampshade skirt

Do any of you have little girls? How cute is this skirt!
http://www.angelakeslar.com/collecti...deskirt&cat=12
It's called a "lampshade skirt", Angela sells it on her website.
post #135 of 739
OMG! I love Angela a wee bity more - she lives off the grid on a 220 acre organic farm! How cool!
post #136 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty
OMG! I love Angela a wee bity more - she lives off the grid on a 220 acre organic farm! How cool!
UGG! I feel just the opposite-what an EGOMANIAC. I find her and her site completely repulsive. The garments on her site are UGLY, TRASHY RAGS, and nothing new there. Everything she's done is derivative, definitely not original.
So what if she lives on a farm-I doubt if she is paying the note off what she's making. JMHO :
post #137 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama
Jefferey is so mysoginistic and no one is calling him on it... first the feminazi comment and then this episode he was saying some nasty things about Laura I think in the kitchen - I'll have to watch it again. Vincent looked a little uncomfortable when they flashed to him laying on the bed - but no one said anything.
YES! YES! YES! I am so tired of his anti-woman campaign! I'm sure his mom and wife are very proud of the attitude he has shown towards women on the show. Geez!
post #138 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi
UGG! I feel just the opposite-what an EGOMANIAC.
No! An egomaniac on Project Runway??!! Inconceivable!

seriously, one thing about this show that blows me away is how totally cocky every one of those designers is.
post #139 of 739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
No! An egomaniac on Project Runway??!! Inconceivable!

seriously, one thing about this show that blows me away is how totally cocky every one of those designers is
especially jeffrey when he says he's only inspired by his own work.

They're not all cocky though-certainly not Michael or Uli. And Robert is looking like he's plagued with a lot of self doubt.
post #140 of 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
No! An egomaniac on Project Runway??!! Inconceivable!

seriously, one thing about this show that blows me away is how totally cocky every one of those designers is.
Self confidence is one thing, but Angela takes it to another level. She is absolutely delusional!! Sure, it take a healthy ego to put your stuff out there, but everything Miss Rosette does is a knockoff, and she's just a big poseur. G*D I just can't bear to listen to her spiel.

Jeffrey, on the other hand just makes my skin crawl!!

It's interesting to see how Robert Best is floundering. He was G*D's gift to Barbie, when he started at Mattel. Everything he does is so dull. Maybe this has something to do with some of that red ink on Mattel's bottom line.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Countdown to Project Runway!