We were down to 2 names before she was born and I really wanted to wait until after she was here to decide. Dh had his favorite while I had mine (along with my girls), but I truly was waiting until I saw her. After she was born I *assumed* we would wait a couple of days and discuss her name. I was wrong. When dh started making calls, he told everyone her name and while it was the one I had wanted, I still wasn't sure it was the right one for her. Then once everyone knew, I just assumed that was her name. Sent out birth announcements with her name and everything. I STILL (she's 9.5 weeks) don't feel like it is the right name. I have not filled out the paperwork for her birth certificate yet so that's not hard, but what about the birth announcements and everyone we know? Would have to change info pretty much everywhere, but it could be done. How nuts is it to change her name at this point? Is it going to be weird for our 3 kids (although they mostly refer to her as "baby")? HELP!!!
post #1 of 10
8/7/06 at 9:41pm