or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Understanding Circumcision › QUESTION: Fused Foreskin on my 2 1/2 year old
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

QUESTION: Fused Foreskin on my 2 1/2 year old - Page 3

post #41 of 119
Thread Starter 
Circumcision is not UNCOMMON .. otherwise it wouldn't be an option when you give birth to a boy whether or not to have him circumcised.
Sure it used to be a cultural/religious thing at one time, and now it is a cosmetic thing, but that does not make it WRONG.
In your OWN opinion, you may believe that it is wrong.. but there are still a significant amount of parents out there who believe in the freedom of choice, and believe it is right.
post #42 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna
I'm sorry that you're feeling attacked.

The skin is still attached because it SHOULD still be attached. The foreskin is attached to the head of the penis like a fingernail is attached to the bed. For a circumcision they RIP it loose (without adequate, if any, anesthesia) and crush it and cut it off. Like it or not, that's what was done to your son. His body is trying to heal itself.

-Angela
Thank you for your discription. Knowing that it will eventually pull away from and expose the head of the penis fully makes it easier for me to look at it now.
post #43 of 119
I am 100% sure that no one called you a child mutilator. In fact, no one has been anything but polite.

The fact is, you made this decision on your son's behalf, and he has complications because of that. It's attached like that because you had him circumcised! That's the reason. There's no way to help you without telling you that he would not be in this situation if you hadn't done that.

I am not trying to debate this subject either; as far as I'm concerned, there is no debate. A wrong was perpetrated on your son, and I still blame the doctor (you should too).
post #44 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom
Circumcision is not UNCOMMON .. otherwise it wouldn't be an option when you give birth to a boy whether or not to have him circumcised.
Sure it used to be a cultural/religious thing at one time, and now it is a cosmetic thing, but that does not make it WRONG.
In your OWN opinion, you may believe that it is wrong.. but there are still a significant amount of parents out there who believe in the freedom of choice, and believe it is right.
It is not an opinion that it is WRONG to cause pain for no reason to another human. That is what routine infant circumcision is. It is WRONG. Common or not.

Female circumcision is common in parts of the world to. Do you plan to have any future daughters circumcised?

-Angela
post #45 of 119
Thread Starter 
I have no idea what female circumcision is as i was blessed with not having a Long hood.
post #46 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom
Circumcision is not UNCOMMON .. otherwise it wouldn't be an option when you give birth to a boy whether or not to have him circumcised.
Sure it used to be a cultural/religious thing at one time, and now it is a cosmetic thing, but that does not make it WRONG.
In your OWN opinion, you may believe that it is wrong.. but there are still a significant amount of parents out there who believe in the freedom of choice, and believe it is right.
Sometimes it takes a while to shift your way of thinking.

I believe in freedom of choice too. It was his body, his penis- and you took that choice away from him for your reasons.

A whole lot of people used to own slaves. They owned people as property. It was very common. At that time, most people didn't see that it was wrong. But it's an unchangeable fact- it was wrong. And having body parts removed from a baby without medical necessity is wrong too.
post #47 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom
but there are still a significant amount of parents out there who believe in the freedom of choice, and believe it is right.
We all believe in freedom of choice. That is why we give our sons the choice. their body, their rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom
Sure it used to be a cultural/religious thing at one time, and now it is a cosmetic thing, but that does not make it WRONG.
By that logic...what other cosmetic surgeries could we have done on our newborns. Where do we draw the line?

On the site, we draw the line at unconsented to body modification. (for the most part.)

if you read the "mothers who regret" thread would it strenthen your resolve?
post #48 of 119
Thread Starter 
You cannot just expect people to change thier opinions.
My son is circumcised. I can't change that. I am not going to lead him to believe he is less than perfect because of it. It will not alter whether or not he is capable of having children. It will not alter his capabilities of getting a girlfriend (or boyfriend) when he is older. It is a phyisical feature. If someone is going to be as shallow as to say "you're circumcised, i don't want to be with you" then they do not deserve him in thier life.
post #49 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom
Circumcision is not UNCOMMON .. otherwise it wouldn't be an option when you give birth to a boy whether or not to have him circumcised.
Sure it used to be a cultural/religious thing at one time, and now it is a cosmetic thing, but that does not make it WRONG.
In your OWN opinion, you may believe that it is wrong.. but there are still a significant amount of parents out there who believe in the freedom of choice, and believe it is right.
Acctually it is uncommon. OHIP doesn't cover RIC, Nor does any other province in this country.

The more people have to pay out of pocket, the less it's done...plain and simple.

In Canada, intact is the norm. only about %18 of this total country is cut.

Yup, %18

not very many if you come to think about it.

common > %50

Boys are being left whole more and more now. You were concerned about the locker room arguement, well that's not the case here, Circ isn't the norm in canada, not anymore...
post #50 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadkitty
We all believe in freedom of choice. That is why we give our sons the choice. their body, their rights.



By that logic...what other cosmetic surgeries could we have done on our newborns. Where do we draw the line?

On the site, we draw the line at unconsented to body modification. (for the most part.)

if you read the "mothers who regret" thread would it strenthen your resolve?
I have read many posts in the mothers who regret thread, my opinion was not altered.
post #51 of 119
Oh but people DO change their opinions. Most of the world does not circ.

No one is saying your son is less of a person because of what was done to him. All we are saying is that it should not have been done to him. Do some more reading here. We all started out not knowing something. Learn. Grow. And make better decisions with the information you learn.

When you know better you do better.

-Angela
post #52 of 119
Ewwww, just ewwww. I pretty much stay on MDC to avoid discussions like this. It looks like people have bent over backwards to mollify you and be kind and helpful and all you come back with is ignorant junk to stir the pot. You did abuse your son, there's no other way to put it. Mostly I don't say that to parents because I know most of them feel bad enough as it is but you seem to have no shame.

You took a perfect, whole human being and amputated part of his body and now you have the gall to come here and complain because it doesn't look pretty enough for you?

I really hope you can educate yourself and find some reality but based on your previous posts it looks like you have a lot invested in believing a lie.

If you can bring yourself to admit when you are wrong, there is a ton of information to be learned about the function of the foreskin and the human rights issues surrounding male and female genital mutilation.

Laura
post #53 of 119
Actually, I do think it is reasonable to think that an intelligent woman will change her opinion when presented with the facts in a kind, understanding manner. That's what I'm trying to do here.

Good Lord, do you think I'm asking you to tell your son that there's something wrong with him??? I'm not, not at all! He has already gone through the circumcision- I would never want him to feel like that.

I am trying to educate you. You may think you're informed but your posts have shown that your understanding of the human rights issue as well as the anatomy of the penis are just abysmal. But you can learn, and you can help others not to make this mistake.
post #54 of 119
Thread Starter 
I did not say people DON'T change thier opinions. I said you can't just EXPECT people to change thier opinions.
I am 100% satisfied with my CHOICE to have my son circumcised. I am glad my doctor chose to do a LOOSE circumcision as it gives it a less drastic look.
Maybe ONE DAY baby boys will no longer be circumcised, but in this day and age it is still going on. So when my son is old enough to understand and be in a situation where he is in a locker room full of other naked boys, he won't be the only one in the room without foreskin.
post #55 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom
I did not say people DON'T change thier opinions. I said you can't just EXPECT people to change thier opinions.
I am 100% satisfied with my CHOICE to have my son circumcised. I am glad my doctor chose to do a LOOSE circumcision as it gives it a less drastic look.
Maybe ONE DAY baby boys will no longer be circumcised, but in this day and age it is still going on. So when my son is old enough to understand and be in a situation where he is in a locker room full of other naked boys, he won't be the only one in the room without foreskin.
Acctually he probably will be...

>.>

Remember, Circ rate, Canada %18

He probably very well be the only cut boy in the locker room
post #56 of 119
Thread Starter 
I understand that you are trying to change my views on circumcision in hopes that i will not circumcise my next son.. but maybe you should know that i am unable to have any further children. So to me, i am taking this as you are telling me that i am horrible because i had my one and only child who happened to be a male, circumcised.
post #57 of 119
Thread Starter 
Heck if i was able to have another child and it turned out to be a boy maybe i would reconsider having him circumcised, but the fact remains that i will never be able to make that choice again. I am not going to tell other people what they should do with thier sons either.
post #58 of 119
You're satisfied. And you're especially glad he has a loose circumcision.

The circumcision that led you here, to say
Quote:
frankly im scared
and
Quote:
I am still not satisfied though.
and
Quote:
i did not expect this "deformed" look.
You are lying to yourself. I hope you can put down your defenses and learn, so you can acknowledge your mistake and never make it agaiin.
post #59 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom
I understand that you are trying to change my views on circumcision in hopes that i will not circumcise my next son.. but maybe you should know that i am unable to have any further children. So to me, i am taking this as you are telling me that i am horrible because i had my one and only child who happened to be a male, circumcised.
But when you say uneducated and negative things about whole children and tell people that a circumcised penis is perfect and raised your son to circumcise his sons, you are perpetuating abuse. So whether you have more children or not you are in a position to effect the world for better or worse. Right now you are on the worse path. If you come to MDC and talk about circumcising you are likely to have people try to sway you into the better category.

Laura
post #60 of 119
Thread Starter 
I would like to thank everyone who gave me information on what was happening with my sons fused foreskin and how to deal with it. That is all i came here for.. I didn't come here to be told what i did was wrong and that i have been selfish and abusive to my son by getting him circumcised in the first place.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Understanding Circumcision
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Understanding Circumcision › QUESTION: Fused Foreskin on my 2 1/2 year old