Originally Posted by mama2babybeans
What have you accomplished today?
today, i washed the dishes that my husband didn't do while i was out of town. I was away in training for a week (thai yoga massage), and he was home alone. he did a decent job i would say, but he is really bad about dishes. on a good day, he does 85%. so today, i did those dishes to get caught up, did my laundry and his from the week away, and wrote out my list for this week.
|What chores do you have left on your list? What is your top priority?
it's hard to list things as 'top' and 'lesser' priorities, but here are the things that i want to have done by saturday:
1. three pieces of furniture and storage boxes in storage--this requires reorganizing the closets in my home. I need to reorganize 3 closets so that i can put the furniture in as well as the storage boxes.
2. get rid of books--right now, i have a number of books that need to go to the used book store. the books are in my plastic storage boxes, and because of this i've been unable to put stuff into these boxes that i wish to store. so, i need to drop these off so that i can utilize the boxes to help organize my closets.
3. utilize storage boxes in order to clean up closet spaces.
4. i need to put the plates on the electrical outlets and light switches in the yoga room.
5. then i need to do a thorough cleaning of the house.
we're having an 'open house' on sunday for friends and family. we were in scand for 3 weeks so we'll talk about that trip; i went to thai yoga massage training, so i'll be offering that to whomever comes over (door prizes); and over the last 4-6 months we've been rennovating and cleaning up our house so we want to share that progress as well.
After this, i want to do another thorough declutter of the house. I need to go through my clothes again and see what i can give away or get rid of. My husband needs to do the same. We'll need to go through papers and whatever is in the storage boxes that i'm going to put away this week (see if we can streamline a bit more).
after that purge, i think we'll be in great condition for our move to LA, CA. we're focusing on downsizing. So, this is a great motivation for getting this kind of work done.