Originally Posted by queenofhercastle
What are some fun things you all do with your kids? Especially the older ones.
We are homeschooling so some of these things of course would be easier than if you have kids in school.
1. We go to the park, a lot. I can usually tell when the kids are restless and I will pack them up and go.
2. We have plays and shows. The kids prepare it all, including invitations, and all I have to do is show up. Easy for me, super fun for the kids. I usually make a huge deal over it, clapping and woo hooing, laughing at the funny parts, etc.
3. We play games like tag, red light green light, simon says, mother may I. I get in on ring around the rosies w/ the 3 little ones. My 2 yr old thinks it is a riot when I fall down too.
4. We have a membership to the local museum and we go there often. They have a fun kids section for the kids and this summer had an activity day w/ story time and crafts.
5. The art museum is free here on Thursdays and we go w/ paper in hand and try to recreate the art work we see there. The kids love this.
6. The older kids help me cook. They love to grate cheese, peel boiled eggs, crack the eggs in a bowl for scrambled eggs and chop veggies in my Tupperware spinning chopper thingy.
7. We read chapter books together. I try to make funny voices for the characters, but I am not too good at it. The kids think it is the funniest thing ever.
Those are a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Just enjoy them, pay attention to them. Find things in your everyday life that are fun.