Originally Posted by onlyzombiecat
1. How long have you been a SAHM?I was a SAH wife pre-kids. I've been home for roughly 9 years.
2. How old are you? I am 30
3. How old is your oldest child? My oldest child is almost 6 years old.
4. How old is your youngest child? My youngest child just turned 3 years old.
5. How much time do you spend with your children each week? Almost 24/7, up until my son started Kindergarten this month . My daughter will also be going to pre-school soon.
6. How much time do you spend each week away from your children? Hmm. Not much. I almost always with the kids.
7. What activities or groups do you enjoy regularly? I am starting a book club this month, with a few of my Mommy-friends. I have not had much to do 'for me' out of the house, and I really didn't mind it. I am starting to feel the need for some intellectual stimulation, and some fun. I though a book club was a good idea , and hopefully we will all enjoy ourselves. I also go to church , and the kids go to the nursery for an hour, so I have that time to sit, and breathe, and contemplate things on a higher plane..so to speak. It really helps. I also have a large array of animals(( chickens, horse, cow, goat, ducks, rabbits. ), and I garden( both flower, and vegetable, plus I have an orchard) as much as I possibly can. I am working on developing a whole new bed system in the kids play area, and am thinking about adding a water feature this spring. I like to cook, I like to can food, and I like to read a lot.
8. What do you like best about being a SAHM? What I like the best about being a SAHm is that I am in charge. I can create what ever routine or schedule or what have you, and we can sort of come and go in the way that works best For Us.
9. What is your biggest frustration or challenge as a SAHM? Um. Well, when i reach the end of my rope, and it is 8 pm, and not quite time for bed, but time for ME to be left alone ( I am not the greatest at night ) ..that is hard. I hate when I've reached mylimit and I make stupid choices and use bad judgement and it really affects everything. I feel like I've failed and we all suffer from it.
10. How long do you plan on being a SAHM? Gosh, I really do not know. I enjoy being home so much. I don't know what else I really want to be doing. I know I'd like to go to college in the next few years, but as far as which job I would choose..Well, shoot. I haven't worked in so loing that I have no skills anymore !
I'd love to teach pre-school though. Or work in a library . I really nejoy books and sharing them with people and kids.
11. What are your plans for your post SAHM life? Well, I haven't gotten that far yet ! I want to be free to be able to focus on helping the kids and being involved with their schools. I know that as they get older they will want to do certain activitys..but I just can't say.
But, Like I said above, I';d love to go to college. I would also like tot each pre-school. I think I'd really enjoy that.
Ok..gotta get kids to bed.