or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Party to welcome Spy - Page 2

post #21 of 50
A pleasure to meet you.
post #22 of 50
приветствовать !!!
post #23 of 50
Welcome!!! I'm glad you like it here thus far

love and peace.
post #24 of 50
to mdc, spy ::

any friend of mt's is okay in my book
post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah
There is a reason that we call MT, MT. Her user name is impossible to spell or pronounce, which should protect her from the secret police...
Oh, I should have guessed... Of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttlewon
Hi Spy. That name makes me want to rhyme. I spy a pumpkin pie with my eye...
.... till I die Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohj
Spy who came in from the cold?
Or a Northern Spy? So you could be the apple of our eye?
It used to be Moscow Spy once... not anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti
Dobroi nochi Mr(s). Spy! Kak dyela?
S dobrym utrom! It's a Mrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen123
I just learned today how to say "here kitty kitty " in Russian. More of a ktsk ktsk sound.
Yep! Always mistified me why English speaking cats would react to it so well
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschildren
приветствовать !!!
СПАСИБО! Thank you
Quote:
Oh no, we have a spy on our board!
Probably more than one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT
I first "met" Spy when I was on a Russian board, using Babblefish, to try to figure out what was what...
Wow, that's news to me
Quote:
I've no idea why she chose the name spy, maybe she will say. Probably part of her wicked sense of humour, cold war and all.
Pretty much I don't think I ever gave it a second thought (or in fact a first one!), I only use two or three names on the internet boards, and the rest of them are in Russian and wouldn't make sense at all. Not that Spy does :
Anyway, I didn't mean to irk anyone or make you paranoid, I am just my own Spy, sort of a freelance : , curious but harmless haha

Well, thank you ladies, it is so good to get to know more and more good people. And I promise you, nothing opens your eyes better than an international perspective where it is available. Worked for me! Looking forward to learning some more and sharing whatever I can from the land down under :
post #26 of 50




When I saw your user name the other day, I was hoping it was because you had a sense of humor, and not because you were an arrogant troll.

post #27 of 50
Welcome!
post #28 of 50
post #29 of 50
hello!
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen123
I just learned today how to say "here kitty kitty " in Russian. More of a ktsk ktsk sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy
Yep! Always mistified me why English speaking cats would react to it so well
YES ! That is exactly what happened. The kitty in the bookstore came right to her when she made that ktsk ktsk sound. She said the same thing about being amused/confused. We then asked her what she had said and she said "I think you say it 'here kitty kitty'. Why use so many words when ktsk ktsk works just fine."

I tried it on my cats when I got home and they just looked at me. Not impressed in the least. I think it's all in that really cool back of the throat sound.

wayyy cool
post #31 of 50
post #32 of 50
Welcome Spy

Looking forward to learning with and from you!

I do this IRL too... arrive late! I'll just have to party harder to try and catch up.
post #33 of 50
Hi and welcome!
Sorry I never got past day 1 in Russian class via correspondence in high school. Pero hablo espanol toda mi vida

Intelligent minds converging... This should be great!
post #34 of 50
:

If MT is a fan of Spy's, then I'm surely impressed already!
post #35 of 50




Just saw your post on the ped scaremongering thread. I'm just
post #36 of 50
hello SPY! Glad you're here
post #37 of 50
Spy!!

I'm late to the party too, but looking forward to getting to know ya!

:
post #38 of 50
post #39 of 50
Oh, I just realised I know how to say something (kinda) in Russian.
This is phonetic:

Preeveeit.
post #40 of 50
Welcome! Sorry I can't say something cool in Russian. I just haven't learned that language yet. Do you speak Spanish, German, Chinese, or Latin? I could say something cool in those languages, .

Anyways glad to have you and looking forward to getting to know you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home