or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TTC for #1 - Page 27

post #521 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulbreeze View Post
Hi everyone. I have been lingering around and posting on a few links but I don't think that I have posted here.
Matey: So sorry for your loss. Everyone grieves differently so follow where your mind/body is leading with this. We are glad to have you back and good luck for a bfp soon.

As for me, I am 27, on my first cycle of charting and hoping, irrationally admittedly, to get a bfp by my birthday in January. I was on continuous birth control for heavy and painful periods for several years. After waiting to even start to chart and/or conceive I got (what I hope was) my period after a month and a half of being off the pill. I am waiting to see if my temps go up so that I can tell whether I am o'ing or not yet.

I am also extremely frustrated with how little I knew about my cycle. I don't think I would have agreed to the continuous bc if I had known all of the ramifications! Glad to be a part of this community and learn from you all.
I TOTALLY agree. I am also 27, went off the pill in March and so far, nothing. I was on BC for a while, and my periods are NOT like I remember them being (in a good way at least!). But that also means I have no idea if what is going on with my body is normal or abnormal. This is my first month of charting, and I feel the same. Why don't I know anything about my cycles? Why didn't I pick up until I got my FF record going that my average cycle was 40 freakin' days long! When timing is everything and you are completely off, well...you're completely off
Hopefully it will all work out in the end. I'm still hopeful and will keep going forward. Good luck to you and to everyone else. Baby dust!
post #522 of 528
So I was just watching some internet videos for research at work and heard this from one of the commentators: the average age of the first-time mom has increase and is 29 years old in the US (I just turned 29 a few months ago). I didn't realize that it had gotten so high; it kind of makes me feel better. I just wanted to say that.
post #523 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
So I was just watching some internet videos for research at work and heard this from one of the commentators: the average age of the first-time mom has increase and is 29 years old in the US (I just turned 29 a few months ago). I didn't realize that it had gotten so high; it kind of makes me feel better. I just wanted to say that.
In my area, the average age for 1st time mothers is late 30s+. I feel like such an oddball for wanted to have a baby at 28 (and for years).
post #524 of 528
Hi all. Just wanted to say to Barose and Sabo that your charts look really promising!!

LaLibertad
Thanks for the post. As depressing as it sounds, it is nice to hear that I am not alone in knowing about my body/cycle. If/When I have kids I will definately teach them the fam method when they are ready. I am thankful that I finally feel like I am learning my normal cycle. Good luck to you as well.

I hope there are lots of bfp's this month.

post #525 of 528
Having a Dr. related concern. I'm recently at a new job, with new insruance, and a new Dr. that I haven't seen yet. We are ttc for the first month and I haven't seen a dr. yet. I made a appt. to see my new Dr. today, but my first appt. isn't until Jan 23!!! I'm a bit worried about that. I don't know if she'll be able to see me sooner if I happen to get preg this month.

How bad will it be if I can't see a dr. until 6 weeks past O?
post #526 of 528
amberbella, I had the same issue when I was pregnant in October. I had an appointment for a gyn exam set up, and then got my BFP. I called and they fit me in as if I was already a patient.

For most women without a history of miscarriages or pregnancy-related problems, I don't think most doctors need to see you in early pregnancy anyway, unless you're asking for specific testing (betas, progesterone, etc). My first pregnancy appointment was scheduled for 8 weeks in, I think.
post #527 of 528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbella View Post
Having a Dr. related concern. I'm recently at a new job, with new insruance, and a new Dr. that I haven't seen yet. We are ttc for the first month and I haven't seen a dr. yet. I made a appt. to see my new Dr. today, but my first appt. isn't until Jan 23!!! I'm a bit worried about that. I don't know if she'll be able to see me sooner if I happen to get preg this month.

How bad will it be if I can't see a dr. until 6 weeks past O?
I had the same issue come up in October. New insurance, new doctor who I had never seen, concerns about babies and pregnancy. I saw her October 9, and I suspected pregnancy, I was at 4 weeks. She confirmed the pregnancy, and all was well, until late November anyway. I just walked in and said I needed to a pregnancy test. I dont think you need to worry about not having seen a doctor yet, unless you have a specific concern. Are you just wanting to have someone check you out prior to pregnancy?
post #528 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
Are you just wanting to have someone check you out prior to pregnancy?
Yeah, I did want to see a dr. pre-pregnancy since I haven't been to one in almost a year. But, I don't really have any concerns.

Had a fun temping mishap last night. Woke up at my usual temping time and was FREEZING. Our heat wasn't working! I figured that temp would be inaccurate. Fortunately we were able to fix our heat and I was able to sleep another 2 hours and get the reading I was expecting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive