or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Parenting Multiples › Decision to have another baby?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Decision to have another baby? - Page 2

post #21 of 47
Thread Starter 
Oh man, now dh is undecided, financial reasons, don't know why he has doubts otherwise. I going more toward yes and now he's going toward no:
post #22 of 47
Well, I had twins first, then a singleton when they were 2.5yo. What I feel like I missed out on is the REAL "babymoon" where you can just stay in bed all day and nurse and play. With my twins, I was a single mom and just exhausted all the time, and then when I got married and had my singleton, I already had two little toddler boys who also needed my attention. So I'm kind of bummed that I'll never get a babymoon. But oh well. We want to have another someday, but won't start ttc til the boys are 5yo.
post #23 of 47
I'm glad to see other multiples mommies wanting more children. My boys are 3 now and I REALLY want to start planning #3. I also have this urge to sling a singleton everywhere I go! I would love to experience a girl and if not a girl then save another foreskin!! I want to experience 1 baby. I would have more than 3 children if finances and dh would allow it. Infact, that's what holds me back from baby #3.....my dh. He's not so sure he wants our family to be any bigger. 4daughters, will you try to "talk him into it"? That's my current problem. I'm afraid to even talk to dh about another, because what do I do if he doesn't want another?
post #24 of 47
I want another one once dh graduates and gets a "real" job. Somedays I think to myself "NO way do I want another", but most days I do. Dh is willing to do whatever I'd like.

I too say, if you want more and can handle them -- go for it! I hope your dh gets back on board.
post #25 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OR Mom View Post
I'm glad to see other multiples mommies wanting more children. My boys are 3 now and I REALLY want to start planning #3. I also have this urge to sling a singleton everywhere I go! I would love to experience a girl and if not a girl then save another foreskin!! I want to experience 1 baby. I would have more than 3 children if finances and dh would allow it. Infact, that's what holds me back from baby #3.....my dh. He's not so sure he wants our family to be any bigger. 4daughters, will you try to "talk him into it"? That's my current problem. I'm afraid to even talk to dh about another, because what do I do if he doesn't want another?
I'm sort of keeping off the subject for now and maybe bring it up again in a couple of months, I don't want to push it too much and want dh to make the desicion w/me and it not be one sided.
post #26 of 47
We decided to TTC this bub shortly after my boys turned two.

Mine are ID so I wasn't too concerned about multiples. If you feel reasy for it, I say go for it.

I personally didn't feel ready until my boys were about two because they were still so very dependent on me and I was concerned that I may be overwhelmed. They'll be three and three months when this bub is due and I feel that's perfect. They're so enthusiastic about a baby coming and they talk about "Baby Sol" all the time and are obsessed with babies. I'm going to have two fantastic helpers methinks!
post #27 of 47
Thread Starter 
That's funny, cause my twins are obsessed with babies, everywhere we go they make a b-line to any babies they see and are so motherly toward them it amazes me. And makes me want another, crazy huh.
post #28 of 47
We have a 3 year old and 10 month old twins and we'd like more kids one day. Probably start TTC when the twins are 3, which means I would around 30. I would like a singleton boy next, then after him another set of boy/girl twins. I have it all planned out.
post #29 of 47
We haven't done anything permanent, but these days I am super glad I have an IUD! I *think* maybe we will talk about another child when the twins are 4-5 years old. I too feel like I will have missed a lot of the cool times with a singleton since Meagan and Morgan arrived when Rachel was 16 months old.

It all depends on what I want to do with my photography career. My husband seems to be of the accord that it's my decision since I'm the one that would be dedicating more years to an infant/toddler. I don't think he would mind either way.
post #30 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiplemomma78 View Post
We were told that our boys were identical at birth, but it's obvious that they are not, and then we got a pathology report on the placenta and it was found to be 2 fused placentas instead of one, as originally thought. Therefore, they are fraternal.
Identical twins more often then not have separate placentas. Just b/c yours had 2 doesn't mean they're fraternal for sure. You'd have to have them tested to know for certain.
post #31 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
We have a 3 year old and 10 month old twins and we'd like more kids one day. Probably start TTC when the twins are 3, which means I would around 30. I would like a singleton boy next, then after him another set of boy/girl twins. I have it all planned out.
Sounds like a really nice plan. I guess what holds me back as well is I'll be 37 soon (the clock is ticking ....do I or don't I have another.
post #32 of 47
as everyone said - don 't worry what others say.

I have 5 wonderful children - it is crazy, loud, exhilarating and completely wonderful. I have 4 girls and the baby is a boy. Wasn't trying for a boy - but I sure love it. (We have 3 teen/preteen girls - I joke.... hormones to diapers.)

I especially love dinner time when we are all together well all talk. At a restaurant we were so loud laughing the other day that other customer commented. (actually said it was great to hear a family laughing)

One thing that I have noticed - when I spend time with friends who also have large families - there is an understanding of the chaos and noise, amount of food eaten etc. Sometimes parents who have 1 or 2 children have a tough time with this. )Not all - but some. I just think it is something to be aware of. I feel like when we visit - it can be overwhelming for some people who are really not used to large families.

I am 37 - so my oldest were born when I was 24, my youngest when I was 35. I can honestly say that being older, I actually enjoy it more. I am more settled in who I am and what I want.

On the negative side, I can get really really tired of the bickering. I think that with 5 kiddos - some days can be battlefields. Luckily that is not everyday and we are working on strategies for the days that it just seems that no one can get along.
post #33 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post


I am 37 - so my oldest were born when I was 24, my youngest when I was 35. I can honestly say that being older, I actually enjoy it more. I am more settled in who I am and what I want.

On the negative side, I can get really really tired of the bickering. I think that with 5 kiddos - some days can be battlefields. Luckily that is not everyday and we are working on strategies for the days that it just seems that no one can get along.
Sounds like you have a beautiful family! I get some days of bickering with my two older girls. I met a mom once expecting her 8th and I have to say she looked like she was expecting her first, just a beautiful woman. And I said wow is it really hard, she said the first 4 were tough, then after that the older ones help me out with the little ones. I told this story to a neighbor and the relply was well that's not fair the older children are not the parents! I just never looked at it that way, but I was an older child who helped out and I think it made me a better person.

It did make me think though that I should ask my children and see how they feel about another sibling.
post #34 of 47
i am the youngest of 5 kids, along with my twin sister. i loved being in a 5 kid family. my twin sister thinks that parents should only have as many children as there are adults. my brother is about to have his 5th child. i wouldn't mind 5 but dh wouldn't agree. i say all for it if you are both on board. life with so many kids is enjoyable i can't imagine life withourt my siblings.

courtney

ps i would desperatly love to have twins.(girls)
post #35 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy View Post

ps i would desperatly love to have twins.(girls)
I have a friend that is ID twin and her mom was a twin and she had twins b/g.
post #36 of 47
Hey TripMom, I am so looking forward to this single baby! I want to know what it's like to be able to get out of the house in 10 minutes with a baby, to only have to nurse one, only change one diaper at a time, and never have to worry about two crying babies at the same time. Don't get me wrong, my frat. girls were awesome babies, but sometimes it's just plain hard! Now that they are 4.5 and in half day kindergarten, I look forward to being about to really "baby" this baby! As for wanting other kids after Bebe Sophia, DH isn't too keen on the idea, but isn't against me NOT getting snipped. He won't get snipped either, so, I guess we'll see what happens!
post #37 of 47
Thread Starter 
Update....We TTC this month!
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4daughters View Post
Update....We TTC this month!

Good luck!! How old are your twins now? My twins were 17 months when Rivka was born. It was great . Crazy as it seems, I really love the spacing. We are going to TTC again in a couple of months also. I'd like to get off a bit of weight first.
post #39 of 47
We are thinking about having one more when the twins are about 4 and the other two are 5, and 8. I would love another little boy to even out the genders but another set of twins : would be really crazy around here.

Sarah
post #40 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelEve14 View Post
Good luck!! How old are your twins now? My twins were 17 months when Rivka was born. It was great . Crazy as it seems, I really love the spacing. We are going to TTC again in a couple of months also. I'd like to get off a bit of weight first.
Turning 3 tomorrow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting Multiples
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Parenting Multiples › Decision to have another baby?