or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › October 2006 › Who else has been feeling...different?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who else has been feeling...different?

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 
I've been incredibly, and I mean really, really tired the past, week maybe, and just generally feeling crappy. I'm more achy and my BH are more intense...it's hard to explain, but is anyone else feeling different? This didn't really happen with my son that I can remember, although I was in early labor for several weeks with him...
post #2 of 44
Hi~
I have been feeling different the last 2 weeks...it is hard to describe, but little twinges which feel like they are coming from my cervix. I started thinking it was my "mother's intuition" and the babes would be coming soon. But, my midwife checked me last week and I was maybe dialated to 1cm and 25% effaced, so nothing really.

I definitely have been more tired and my body has been waking me up less to pee. I have even gotten a few stretches of 3-4 hours of solid sleep lately! I've been waking up really groggy in the morning, like I could just go back to sleep and stay there all day.

I definitely can join you on the more achy. My joints are more stiff in the morning, too.
post #3 of 44
Me. I was just thinking yesterday how everything just "feels" different. And couldn't explain it either. My BH are starting to come more as well. Getting out of bed is more difficult. I am feeling more cervical twinges. It's not even really physically entirely. My mindset is even different than it has been. Glad I am not the only one "feeling different".
post #4 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypeanutsmom View Post
Hi~


I definitely have been more tired and my body has been waking me up less to pee. I have even gotten a few stretches of 3-4 hours of solid sleep lately! I've been waking up really groggy in the morning, like I could just go back to sleep and stay there all day.
haha I am the opposite! I have been waking up to pee for like the 1st time this whole pregnancy! I am up like twice a night now and when I finally pull myself off the bed to stand up... oh boy can I feel him on my bladder!!! I'm afraid I'm gonna pee myself just getting out of bed sometime lol

I'm definitely groggy too. It takes up till like 11am just to "wake" up. Thank God for dh working 2nd shift now. I can sleep in. lol

Although... the energy level has been better since taking a new Iron supplement and drinking some alfalfa peppermint tea, and red raspberry leaf along with nettle tea. I have chlorophyll to take too but I am scared to drink it
post #5 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypeanutsmom View Post
I definitely have been more tired and my body has been waking me up less to pee.

Yeah...me too. Opposite of you faithhopelove...

I feel that I'm sleeping much more deeply, although maybe not...but more where my body feels really heavy...
post #6 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithhopelove View Post
My mindset is even different than it has been. Glad I am not the only one "feeling different".
Yeah...I'm experiencing a different mindset too. I'm just so "out of it"... I just don't feel like myself mentally...I don't know quite where I am either...
post #7 of 44
Honestly... I feel liek I'm walking around outside my body. Seriously. It's kinda like i stumble through teh day exhausted and crabby and don't remember a whole lot of it. I try to get things done but time seems to jsut slip away and before i knwo it it's bedtime and then poof morning! My body physically feels the contractions and such but it's an odd feeling that i have kind of learned to ignore stopping her and there to let them pass but nothing other than that. Oh and the cervical activity is enough already!~ It twinges ALL DAY LONG! It must be a slow dilator! LOL
post #8 of 44
I too have been soooooo incredibly tired. My car is being fixed today so I'm at home and had a billion things to do and I'm just now--at 1:30--getting started and hoping to get one thing done on my list so that I have something to show for myself today.

I have no energy and no motivation.
post #9 of 44


Went to bed last night at 8pm woke up at 815am STILL SLOW AND SLUGGISH, took nap with Kai ( like everyday) 1130ish-115ish and STILL SLOW


I agree with the overall feeling of feeling like you are outside your body.

OOH Reminds me with the mention of tea i need to pick some more up from herbalist tomorrow.

OH THEN I DO have those day with LOTS of nesting energy still. AND Everynight getting up to pee at least 3 times.

MIchele
post #10 of 44
i feel itchy, twitchy, uncomfortable in my own skin, sleepier than usual (got almost 8 hours of sleep last night, took a 2 1/2 hour nap and i'm still tired!), nauseated . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam&kat's_mom View Post
Honestly... I feel liek I'm walking around outside my body. Seriously. It's kinda like i stumble through teh day exhausted and crabby and don't remember a whole lot of it. I try to get things done but time seems to jsut slip away and before i knwo it it's bedtime and then poof morning!
ugh! i know this! i haven't been accomplishing ANYthing!
post #11 of 44
I feel just weird. This weekend I had a little accident with the library book drop-off AND ran a stop sign at a totally familiar intersection. I'm so tired and my legs ache bad. My pelvis aches as well. Ugh. I'm due in 6 days. I can't wait!

I haven't been feeling any contractions or twinges though! I hope that's not bad.
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlein26 View Post
Yeah...I'm experiencing a different mindset too. I'm just so "out of it"... I just don't feel like myself mentally...I don't know quite where I am either...
My mindset has actually changed for a positive. I was so NOT anywhere near ready for this baby. After moving from DE to WI at 32wks and having to get settled here with homeschooling Hannah and getting my son registered and in school (autistic) ... I just really had no desire to meet him anytime soon. I wanted to be preggo for another 20wks even though physically I was done.

But just recently I feel different about it. I feel like I am finally getting ready emotionally for him to join our family and prepare for the birth.

I'm glad my mindset has changed that way cause it was really bothering me that I couldn't get excited about it.

Now out of it? haha. I am pretty out of it too LOL
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynthfair View Post
I feel just weird. This weekend I had a little accident with the library book drop-off AND ran a stop sign at a totally familiar intersection. I'm so tired and my legs ache bad. My pelvis aches as well. Ugh. I'm due in 6 days. I can't wait!

I haven't been feeling any contractions or twinges though! I hope that's not bad.


I just saw you are in WIsconsin. Where are you???
post #14 of 44
I'll chime in and echo everyone else. I have contractions all day and a couple of them were actually a little bit painful. I've been having period-like crampiness. I have to pee a couple times in the night, and walking to the bathroom is feeling more and more difficult. And on top of that I've got a cold. Yuck.
post #15 of 44
I was extremely exhausted a week or so ago...then I noticed I gained a lump of weight in that time--growth spurt of the baby? Possibly--and that would make anyone tired!
post #16 of 44
I have tons of energy and have been in nesting overdrive.I go to bed around 8pm and i'm up around 4am unable to sleep.I have been obsessively cleaning everything and getting things together.
post #17 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I have tons of energy and have been in nesting overdrive.I go to bed around 8pm and i'm up around 4am unable to sleep.I have been obsessively cleaning everything and getting things together.
You can come clean my house when you are done

I get overwhelmed just looking at the boxes left to unpack :
post #18 of 44
I actually have a garage full of boxes too but i am just bringing one a day in and decorating the new house.I'm having fun making the place homey.I do have 4 kids as well so i am amazed i can do as much as i can right now so i will enjoy the extra energy!Getting to Wisconsin could be a challenge but with this energy i guess i could get my bike and put the baby in the bike seat and the other three in the bike trailer and travel the 2500 miles that way
post #19 of 44
This past week has definately brought a change. I'm getting exhausted just doing simple chores around the house, living in the bathroom, I'm achy, it really hurts to stand up, my BH's are getting more and more frequent and more intense, I can't walk through them anymore, I have to stop what I'm doing, is like every 2 minutes. :
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I actually have a garage full of boxes too but i am just bringing one a day in and decorating the new house.I'm having fun making the place homey.I do have 4 kids as well so i am amazed i can do as much as i can right now so i will enjoy the extra energy!Getting to Wisconsin could be a challenge but with this energy i guess i could get my bike and put the baby in the bike seat and the other three in the bike trailer and travel the 2500 miles that way



We have a lot of our boxes in our spare bedroom that will be Jonas' someday. TONS of stuff in the garage. A lot of it is stuff that was still packed for 3yrs in our old house. I *need* to at least go through all the clothes cause chances are there are fall/winter clothes in there that the kids could be wearing now. When did you move? At least my sewing room is unpacked. lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2006
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › October 2006 › Who else has been feeling...different?