Originally Posted by beckyphry
So... regarding the advice to stay off my feet... my husband and I were supposed to leave for Boston tomorrow to show some relatives around. I suppose I just should stay home instead?
Right, bed rest will not prevent a m/c. But "staying off your feet" may help YOU to feel better, kwim? As far as the Boston trip, I think it's a great idea to decide based on the hospitals beta result. If the result is good, go for it! If the result shows an impending m/c, you need to decide if you want to "go through that" in Boston, away from home. I actually made that decision. When I m/c my 1st, they called to say my betas had gone down & that I would start to m/c very soon (I had already been bleeding for awhile) and to go for a sono the next morning to "see" what was going on. 5 minutes after hanging up the phone with my Dr, the m/c started. I went to the sono the next morning and the sono confirmed. I went straight from the sono to my OB for a check and a pain med prescription. It was right then and there that I told him that DH and I had plans to go to NH (I'm on Long Island) for 5 days and we were leaving right from his office (in other words, make it a STRONG prescription!) I was devestated by the loss of our baby and deciding to go away anyway was the best decision I ever made (even though the OB advised against in case I had a complication) I was able to have some fun and get my mind off of it for at least a few minutes a day. It was hard not being home and in my own bed and on the go, but I survived it and never regretted the decision.
You do what you feel is best for you & your husband.
Alright, alright, I'm leaving.
: I'm going to be quiet & go back to my own DDC!