My son is five,has never had flouride,went for his first dental check up a couple of weeks ago and was told his teeth were excellent.He has a healthy diet(no pop,candies,sugar cereal etc) and we have our own well water.
I have never used flouride on him as anything i have read about it is not good.I did read somewhere that the only thing more poisonis is arsnenic.
Have you ever looked at mainstream toothpaste and the little message on the tube"children under six must be supervised while using this toothpaste" and "children should only be given a pea sized amount of toothpaste on their brush" this is because it is the only way manufacturers can get away with putting flouride in the toothpaste as it is a poison!!!
I noticed the other day in the store that the mainstream companies are now starting to make toothpaste with no flouride
makes you wonder doesn't it!!
Go into the dental archives here as there is some really good information about it.