My 2.5 year old seems to be slightly allergic to salmon. She's had it maybe three times. The first time, I noticed that she seemed pretty flushed/ had a red rash on her face, but I attributed it to the mango she had at the same time. The second time I realized it was the salmon. However, today we were having salmon again, and since we werent certain that it wasnt just a coincidence, we gave her a tiny amount. Nobody in our family has food allergies. My hubby has some mild hay fever/ grass/ mold things, but really mild, so allergies arent on our radar. She immediately started screaming and crying and saying that the salmon made her mouth hurt. We had her drink, and we washed her face and hands, gave her some benadryl and a bath, brushed her teeth. She has some mild hives where she touched it. It really seems to be more of a contact allergy than anything, but it's definitely gotten worse since her first two exposures. Obviously we wont give her salmon again, but what else should we do? I've never heard of a salmon allergy. She's had other kinds of fish with no problems. Are there other things related to salmon that folks with salmon seem to have problems with? Advice?
post #1 of 9
10/20/06 at 11:39pm