I can't believe it, I had all my answers beautifully written (if I do say so myself) and I forgot my laptop wasn't plugged in and the darn thing went into hybernation right as I hit submit reply. I lost it all! What a dork! Ok here we go again
So, if you were an animal what would you be?
- This is a harder question than I would have thought! I honestly hadn't ever thought of it. I keep thinking maybe I would like to be a Koala. Don't know why so much as I wouldn't mind hanging out in at tree with my baby on my back all day.
If you had an all expenses paid vacation, where would you go, for how long and who would you bring along?
- I would take my husband and kids to Mexico to see my husbands family. I've never met my in-laws and my husband hasn't seen them for years. It would be wonderful to finally be together and have our kids know both sides of the family equally. We might never leave ( but only if my family came to visit too)
Greatest thing about pregnancy? Worst?
- The greatest part is the baby at the end. I can't wait to hold my daughter! The worst has been the morning sickness, especially since I'm a waitress and the smells at work really got to me. YICKY!
What do you like most about where you live?
- I love living in the Pacific Northwest. It is truly beautiful here. We are currently living with my parents surrounded by an acre and a half of lush green forest and a creek. LOVE IT! I also love that so many generations live in the same house. It's great that my kids will be close to my parents. I just hope we can have that with my husbands family soon aswell.
*What one value is most important to you to instill in your children?
- I really think it's important to acknowlegde our families differing heritages. I think it's an important way to understand that even though people can come from different places, we all are really similar. In our house we celebrate both Mexican and American 'holidays', religious or otherwise. We are also bilingual (although my Spanish isn't all that great) our children will be raised to fluently speak both English and Spanish.
*How would you describe your parenting style?
- Open-minded?! I am definitely not mainstream. We co-sleep, breastfed and will again in January, selectively vax, we seek out alternative medicine, and I'm excited to start cloth diapers in December! Most importantly I've realized that it's a continuous learning experience, I'm not perfect nor do I need to be. As a family we learn from our mistakes and move forward.
What is your favourite pampering activity for yourself?
-Reading! I love reading a great book. It doesn't happen often anymore now that I'm a Mom. But that makes when it does all the more wonderful.
What is the thing you miss most when being pregnant?
- I would say coffee, but I've secretly been having one cup almost everyday for the last couple months
. But it's not my fault, my uncle roasts organic, fair trade coffee beans. I really can't help myself.
What is the thing you love the most being pregnant?
- Again it's the baby at the end. Being pregnant has really been an impowering experience and becoming a parent has made me a better person. Which is always a good thing.
WHew, I didn't loose my answers this time!