I have the weirdest blistery rashy thing going on my right hand. I thought it was poison ivy at first, even though the rash looked a little different, but I didn't know what else it could be. It starts in clumps of tiny blisters that ooze and itch. Inevitably, i will scratch them (often in my sleep), eventually they will dry up and get scabby and then the skin will peel off (after getting very dry and taut). This leaves tender new skin that looks like it's going to heal, and then the next day there is a new clump of blisters. UGH!!! I have had this for over 3 weeks now. Initially I had it on one side of my first finger, both sides of my ring finger and really bad all over my pinky finger (right hand ONLY). I now have a small patch on the back of my hand that I have successfully avoided scratching. It is still red and itchy. I have tried salve, calamine lotion, wrapping in gauze, leaving exposed, witch hazel, peroxide, alcohol, etc. with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas? What the heck is this? TIA for any info./ advice!
post #1 of 1
11/15/06 at 12:54pm