Finally a MAN in our forum.
I'm a tomboy at heart and I needed somebody to side with me on stuff
Anyway, you will find detailed instructions on how to no-poo in this thread, and special instructions on how to deal with curly or fine hair:http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...=1#post5358746You can do no-poo washing a few different ways:(NOTE: with starting no poo, you need to prep your hair, as recommended by ME . You'll have better results and I won't have to come here and find somebody whining to me "Spazzzyyyy, no poo didn't work, I QUIT!" You will need a hair trim to get rid of split ends, damage,and overall ratty hair, and shampoo for 1-2 weeks with your regular shampoo and about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon baking soda to clarify your hair of old product, buildup, residue, and silicones from products like Pantene, Garnier, silicone shine gels, etc)
1) Some people do baking soda and water in a squirt bottle or old shampoo bottle and dump all over their scalp and hair. Cleanse. Rinse with plenty of water. Squirt ACV on hair from ears down. Rinse with plenty of water. As you get more advanced with no poo you can tweak the amount of baking soda and ACV and add other good stuff like honey or essential oils.
2) Some people prefer making baking soda into a paste with some water. Rest of the instructions apply.
3) The gentlest baking soda method, but not completely chemical free, is mixing baking soda with lightweight, silicone free conditioner and then cleaning your hair with that. Rinse, use ACV, and use some lightweight OR heavier conditioner on the bottom of your hair as needed. On non-baking soda days or if you want a light cleaning, or to keep your curls together, you can mix the lightweight conditioner with brown sugar (I use light brown sugar). You may or may not need ACV with the sugar method.
4) Shampoo or Natural Soap bar. Shampoo with bar. Rinse. Use ACV to get rid of residue. Use conditioner if needed. Rinse.
5) Apple cider vinegar ONLY cleansing. This works for some people, especially with curly or thin hair. You have to work your way up to this.
6) Conditioner only cleansing. Use lightweight silicone free conditioner. Use a huuuuge glob and firmly scrub hair and scalp with tips of fingers. You will notice some small creamy suds. Great for normal, dry or curly hair. You have to work your way up to this.