Originally Posted by wallacesmum
Wow, would that ever send me into a fit of rage! This is a little OT, but do you have a lot of good support for the event of your birth? Is there a possibility that this other doctor will be the attending physician? The reason that I ask is that I would worry about them trying to get you into a caesarian birth over some little thing if the VBAC started to bore them, based on this "slip-up." Please don't think I am trying to frighten you; I am just reading between the lines here. I hope there is no risk of undue pressure on you.
I know you're not trying to frighten me...it's a great question.
The way this HMO works is really messed up. Instead of pulling an on-call doctor from a pool of oh, say, 3-5 doctors like most places, there is a pool of about 30
or so doctors. The chances of me knowing the person is really small. I could end up w/ someone who is great and supportive or someone who is a totally knife happy. So, the risk factor is completely unkown. However, I've been told that the nurses at this particular hospital actually fight over Mamas who want to go natural and that a couple of them are training to be doulas (pretty cool, huh?!). Luckily, DH is very supportive and is even pushier than I am. He'll be a great advocate for me. If I tell him that I don't want something done to me/the baby at the hospital...he'll make darn sure it doesn't happen.
|That is so presumptuous, rude, and just...ugh, there just aren't even words for taking that sort of liberty!
Exactly! I never even conceived of such a thing happening. I fully intend on addressing the audacity and unacceptability of this w/ management via personal letter. No Mama should be treated this way.
|Are you planning an induction or allowing labor to start on its own.. if the latter.. stay home as long as you feel comfortable doing so...
Definetly letting nature take it's course (and praying very
hard that this doesn't wait 'till 42 weeks...can't imagine that battle
: ). I'd like to stay home 'till transition...the hospital is an hour away.
I've already told DH that he needs to learn how to catch.
Thanks, Mamas for all the support and well wishes!
I will definetly update.