or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas - Page 45

post #881 of 1217
Happy birthday, Maria!!!!!!!!!!
post #882 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Happy birthday, Maria!!!!!!!!!!
:
post #883 of 1217
maria, :
lovely babes everyone!

:guhs tanya, i could've written most of your post, too. hope today goes better!
post #884 of 1217
Happy Birthday Maria!! : : : : :
post #885 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
I think it depends what you mean by "prepaid". The prepaid phones at walmart might not be so great, but I've never used them. Dh has worked wireless for most of our married life, so we've always had the service by whoever he worked for at the time (and for dirt cheap, too). The major carriers all have a prepaid plan that uses the same phones as the customers on regular plans. I would research who is the most reliable in signal strength and coverage in your area and then find out what kind of prepay plans they have. Of course, dh would tell me to recommend Cingular
I have a friend who works for Cingular Wireless as well - he lives in Washington though. Anyway, Cingular would not be my choice as it is what I have now and unfortunately, it drops signals *constantly*. I always scream at the TV when it is their commercial about how they have the lowest rate of dropped calls. It seems Verizon has better service in our area - but they are weak too with a lot of dead spots. We can't get ANY service at all at our house (any brand)!!! I was going to switch to internet phone and have a cell as backup when the power goes out but we can't. Oh well...

I'm sorry to hear about dd! How was your night? I hope you were all able to rest and feel better today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
It's gotten crazy busy around here but here's just Rachel and here are my two girls :
I think it is safe to say that this group does not produce ugly kids. What beauties!!
post #886 of 1217
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, I just learned that there is a mama on the holiday helper thread (a MIN) whose DH just died, suddenly. They were moving furniture for the tree they just got and he collapsed--she called 911, did CPR, to no avail. She has 3 kids and I am just bawling for this family. I found out through another mdc'er's blog and This is the mama's blog. I don't know her personally but WOW. I can hardly stand the thought of this poor family and am sending her mega-wonderful vibes and lighting a candle.
post #887 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva View Post
I always scream at the TV when it is their commercial about how they have the lowest rate of dropped calls. It seems Verizon has better service in our area - but they are weak too with a lot of dead spots.
My brother says the same thing about Cingular in his area (he has Verizon) We've never had trouble where we've lived, but then I know dh's work ethic!

Dd1 is doing better, but still not 100%. I tried to let the fever run it's course. It never got really high, but she felt awful all night. I was awake all night with a couple short hour naps. She would scream and wake the baby, so between 1-3 I was awake with both of them. Once the baby was up, she wanted to play. Dd1 would hardly drink anything, and I knew she was close to getting deydrated anyway with all this constipation going on. I got a few sips of water and Emergen-C in her, but that's about it. I got freaked out in the middle of the night because her heart was racing. I've never felt her heart pound like that. I think she is mildly dehydrated, and I'm going to have to work hard at getting her to drink something today. Last night was just awful. I'm still not sure how I'm not sleeping at the keyboard (sak?).
post #888 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Kimya it sounds like Panda's doing better - any update?
Well, no more crying while peeing. She just slept through her nighttime diaper change even. And the thick green snot is gone. She still has the RSV cough though, so we are keeping her inside. She hasn't left the house in 8 days now. Yesterday I looked at the diaper bag and thought "WOW! I forgot about you!" Hopefully the cough will be gone soon. She is starting to get bored and I just cancelled my show for this friday night. I definitely don't want her to get sicker but I don't want her to get any other kidlets sick either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
Happy Birthday Maria!! : : : : :
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Hey guys, I just learned that there is a mama on the holiday helper thread (a MIN) whose DH just died, suddenly. They were moving furniture for the tree they just got and he collapsed--she called 911, did CPR, to no avail. She has 3 kids and I am just bawling for this family. I found out through another mdc'er's blog and This is the mama's blog. I don't know her personally but WOW. I can hardly stand the thought of this poor family and am sending her mega-wonderful vibes and lighting a candle.
: That is soooo sad.
post #889 of 1217
Elsanne, I read about that family last night. I feel as you do for this family. It is just so heartbreaking. A worst nightmare for me.
post #890 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
sarenka, how's your babe this morning?
She's a bit better, thanks. Her fever went down immediately when she started taking the aconitum and after the badger fat experience, last night, and she's had a totally normal temp all night and day. She slept well, for her, and napped well in the morning and seems brighter, but she has a cough from hell and has totally lost her voice in the upper registers - ever heard a voiceless baby crying? It really freaked me out in the night I tell you before dh convinced me that was all that was going on!!
Dr says to take her in for checking before Xmas but should be OK without the antibiotic, the stuff just has to clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
Elsanne, I read about that family last night. I feel as you do for this family. It is just so heartbreaking. A worst nightmare for me.
Absolutely. Candle being lit here too.
post #891 of 1217
post #892 of 1217
I went and read the blog of the mama who lost her DH and when I saw the pictures of what happened to her apartment complex during the storm I realized she lives right down the street from me. I am going to email her sister to see if there is anything I can do to help. That is such a nightmare of a situation.


You did it!!! Beautiful!!!!
post #893 of 1217

yes you did it! i think these are the first photos of you and your DDs we ever saw here Good to finally see you all!
I am glad your DD is doing better. That must be weird for a baby to lose voice.
And yes, you sure live faaaaaaaaaaar away from Czech. You must be living basicly on the other side of Tatra mountains, right? Do you get harsh winters there?


When, oh when is this baby going to stop spitting up like this????????????? This is 5th outfit since 8am!
:
post #894 of 1217
Kimya ~ i wanted to say that Panda is so adorable. I love the picture when she is sitting on a couch and DH is playing guitar - she looks so tiny but such a strong character. tooo cute
post #895 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
yes you did it! i think these are the first photos of you and your DDs we ever saw here Good to finally see you all!
I am glad your DD is doing better. That must be weird for a baby to lose voice.
And yes, you sure live faaaaaaaaaaar away from Czech. You must be living basicly on the other side of Tatra mountains, right? Do you get harsh winters there?
yes, the other side of the Tatras and below them, in the Carpathians actually. Winters are tough - except for some reason, this one! So far it's like the UK...

I've posted pics of dd2 before a few times (remember the 'sleep is for the weak' vest?) but it's taken me this long to get the sisters together properly and as for me - I look 100 yrs old at the moment so I've been reticent
post #896 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang View Post
When, oh when is this baby going to stop spitting up like this????????????? This is 5th outfit since 8am!
:
I've just stopped changing outfits :
post #897 of 1217
Yay, Sarenka! You did it! So good to see you and your dd!

Dd1 is not doing so well. Of course this am the motrin helped her feel better. She even thanked me for finally giving it to her because she felt better. Now it's worn off and she is miserable. She is eating some yogurt righ now. Her first food all day. It's the only thing she wants right now, so she can have it (mixed with flax oil, of course ). I feel like alarm bells are going off with her today. I am going to take her to the ped just to make sure I'm not missing something. At the very least, he can check her ears and do a blood draw to tell me if it's viral or bacterial in nature. I'm just stumped because she has no other symptoms. She seems to be producing a lot of mucous in her mouth now, though.

Pav/Cori, can one of you remind me of what homeopathic treatments I can give her to relieve her discomfort from the fever? I don't have anything but motrin, and I only want to give it if it's all I have, like today at 4am. She can't tell me anything besides "I don't feel good" when I ask her where she hurts.
post #898 of 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post

Pav/Cori, can one of you remind me of what homeopathic treatments I can give her to relieve her discomfort from the fever? I don't have anything but motrin, and I only want to give it if it's all I have, like today at 4am. She can't tell me anything besides "I don't feel good" when I ask her where she hurts.
I am sorry
Is she restless or does she wanna stay still when she is in bed? Does she have red cheeks at all?

Aconitum is very high fever that comes really sudenly, many times around midnight, chills, restless body, wants to drink, dry NOT sweating skin.

Belladonna - high fever, RED face, dry mouth, sensitive to noise, light and draught. Red SWEATY skin.

Gelsemium ~ REALLY tired, exhausted, shaking, chills and sweats, hurting *everywhere*, sleepy, numb, don't wanna drink.

Bryonia ~ tired, desire to stay absolutelly still and quiet - sometimes with dry cough, that's triggered by movement. First - wnats to drink cold water, sweating that brings temporary relief. Headache worsened by movement.
post #899 of 1217
Thanks, Tanya!

I gave dd Aconitum - Homaccord (it's a mixture, prodeuced by Heel - German company I think) yesterday once every fifteen minutes for the first hr, then every hr, and the fever actually disappeared, and dd seems a lot better. I know you don't want the fever to actually go away though, right? So maybe a lower dose?
Dd had her fever for 3 days and I just felt she just couldn't take it anymore...
post #900 of 1217
Alumina is good for constipation at children. They have to try realy hard to get *it* out - even if the stool is soft. Dry rectum. This is very effective remedy for children.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › Hittin' the half year mark with the July Mamas